Tech Talk Posting Terms and Conditions
The Tech Talk Forum is provided and maintained by Parts Express as a FREE service for audio, video and speaker building enthusiasts to interact and discuss all things audio and video. It is our goal to provide an open environment for members of TechTalk to post discussions and projects in an effort to promote collaboration, innovation and support amongst members. As part of this goal, Parts Express also seeks to ensure the relationship is mutually beneficial, therefore we have developed a set of rules and guidelines regarding board conduct in an effort to protect both Parts Express and members of TechTalk. Parts Express reserves the right to delete posts or threads which are found to be in violation of these terms and users may face removal from TechTalk should instances continue.
General Rules and Guidelines concerning the Parts Express Tech Talk Forum.
All participants on the Tech Talk Forum are required to comply with the following terms and conditions for participation. By simply contributing to this Forum, you hereby agree to be bound by the following Rules and Guidelines. In the event a registered member fails to comply with the following, such member may be denied the right to further access or participation in the Tech Talk Forum.
1. Members may not post any defamatory, libelous, vulgar, obscene, abusive, profane, threatening, hateful, racially, ethnically, or otherwise offensive or illegal information or material. This includes links to products or services which may infringe upon a copyright or trademark, or the suggestion of purchasing known counterfeit products.
2. TechTalk is a platform for the exchange of ideas and sharing of knowledge. Occasionally, conflicts may arise when people voice differing opinions. Be courteous when disagreeing with others. Friendly debate is appropriate, criticism against members due to their opinions is not. Being rude, abusive, or disrespectful towards another member will not be tolerated.
3. Parts Express is able to support this forum of open discussion by selling products on our website. We invite discussions concerning projects and products from our competition, but please do not provide “direct links” to any other E-commerce website. Links directly to Parts Express for products are acceptable. Links to articles from non-retail sites such as industry publications and manufacturer data sites are permitted as well as links to non-subjective product reviews. For product mentions where the item is not available at Parts Express, the model number and brand may be mentioned, but no pricing, retailer or sub-retailer information may be included.
4. Please keep any product price discussions limited to the cost of a specific system or build in general. Especially discussion concerning price comparisons between Parts Express and an external retailer.
5. Members may not post any confidential information or any information which would infringe upon the proprietary, privacy or personal rights of others.
6. TechTalk is not the appropriate venue for customer service issues. We ask members to allow Parts Express to resolve customer service issues one-on-one. Our customer service team may be reached at 1-800-338-0531 or via email to the corresponding address on our Contact Us page.
7. Users agree to always be accountable for the information they produce and publish, be willing to defend this information, OR acknowledge when a mistake has been made and fix accordingly.
8. Trolling, spamming, or flooding the board with posts intended to annoy and cause discontent among users is strictly forbidden. Constantly asking obviously contrary questions just to solicit negative responses from other users is not allowed.
9. Do not post, upload, email, link or otherwise transmit any material containing software viruses or other computer code or files designed to interrupt, harm, delete, or otherwise interfere with or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware.
10. You agree to indemnify and hold Parts Express, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents and employees harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any party due to or arising from your use of or posting on this Forum.
In addition, you agree to grant Parts Express, and their affiliates, a non-exclusive, irrevocable license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit and print your Forum information or material without notice or payment. We reserve the right to keep, delete, modify or otherwise manipulate and/or publish any photos, text or data submitted to the forums without notice.
This Forum shall not be utilized in any manner which violates any state or federal law. This includes posting information regarding specific prices or fees charged and/or paid, any information concerning prices, pricing practices, discounts, or other terms or conditions of sale either obtained by or offered by members or to another entity.
All postings shall be of an informational nature and are for informational purposes only. Commercial use or any other unauthorized use of this Forum is prohibited. Do not use TechTalk to solicit or conduct business, including the direct or indirect marketing of users' products or services, in any manner. At no time may any content published on TechTalk be copied or used to provide information, materials, products, or services in exchange for compensation of any kind.
Parts Express accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on this Forum by others. PARTS EXPRESS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO INFORMATION POSTED ON THIS FORUM, WHETHER POSTED BY PARTS EXPRESS EMPLOYEES OR OTHERS; THIS DISCLAIMER INCLUDES ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL PARTS EXPRESS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OF ANY KIND, RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA LOSS OR PROFIT, ARISING OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH, THE USE OF THE INFORMATION POSTED ON THIS FORUM.
Parts Express reserves the right, but not the obligation, to monitor this Forum for inappropriate content or post violations. Content found to be in violation will be removed without forewarning.
We encourage self regulation. In the event you feel a post is especially offensive or inappropriate please contact Parts Express directly and make your case for removal. We reserve sole discretion to determine whether a posting is inappropriate and what actions will be taken, if any.
Parts Express reserves the right to terminate, without prior notice, access of any user who does not abide by these rules. Use of the TechTalk Forum constitutes your consent to these terms and conditions as presented.
Parts Express reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue this Forum without notice, and shall not be liable to any party for such modification, suspension, or discontinuance or permanent deletion.
These Terms and Conditions shall be interpreted under and governed by the laws of the State Of Ohio.