Problem with American Audio VLP300 amp and Mackie DFX6 mixer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with American Audio VLP300 amp and Mackie DFX6 mixer

I'm a novice who sets up a sound system in a rented gym for a small private schools basketball games. My question is: I use a Mackie DFX6 mixer and I run 2 mackie powered speakers out of the xlr connections and run 2 more speakers from the unbalanced connections into a American Audio VLP300 amp and then run speaker wires to speakers from that amp. I also connect the monitor mono signal to a crown amp and run a sub woofer off of that. Many times, usually after the VLP300 and the mixer is stored in a somewhat cold room the VLP300 amp will not recognize the mixers signal for a period of time. I can plug a tablet directly into the amps unbalance inputs and it will play then plug the mixer back into the amp and it doesn't. Many times I give up on the VLP300 and just use a back up Audio Source Amp and plug the unbalance signal into the rca connections on it and use it instead. I've also tried switching the input sensitivity switch on the VLP300 and didn't make a difference. Does anybody have any ideas on what is happening and how to overcome it? At this point, my unsophisticated guess it to try to store the VLP300 in a warmer place or maybe the amp is going bad. I don't know? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Re: Problem with American Audio VLP300 amp and Mackie DFX6 mixer

Well, since at this point, there has been almost 1200 views and no response, I think my next step will be to buy some xlr y adapters and try running the powered mackie speakers and the VLP300 amp off the same xlr outputs and use the xlr inputs on the VLP300 instead. Maybe that will give it a recognizable signal. The only other difference I can think of when I use the Audio Source Amp when it works and the VLP when it didn't was that although I used the same Peavey 1/4" to RCA cords, I put one 1/4 to RCA adapters on each cord for the VLP300. It has been working that way and I can't imagine both adapters giving problems at the same time.

Comment

I'm not a pro audio guy but I do know amps you have bad solder connections. Take it to a local electronics shop and they should be able to
      fix it relatively cheap.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X