Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS: NOS 5" Mid-bass Drivers, About 60 of them, buy a pair or the lot!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are all still available. I actually recounted and I have 62 of them. Make me an offer.

Comment

4 sold, 58 available.

Comment

Still entertaining offers of any reasonable kind. Really need the space.

Comment

Some guideline on an asking price for the lot would probably help. They could be used in a variety of driver-inefficient systems, slot loaded open midbass line arrays come to mind. 14 pairs per side mounted push-pull, with a little extra room for woodwork, and you could have 6'-7' tall midbass sections with a lot of directivity and very high output/efficiency. Slot loading could act as a bandpass and mass load. It'd need subs proper and a midtweet section, but you'd have what is arguably the most important part for impact and dynamics covered and then some, the 150hz+ could be very well handled at high efficiency with a small-enclosure pro mid and horn and you'd just need to add subs proper (infinite baffle?).

A bunch of conventional line arrays/CBTs for a serious HT build are another possibility. GLWS.

Comment

Originally posted by badman View Post
            Some guideline on an asking price for the lot would probably help. They could be used in a variety of driver-inefficient systems, slot loaded open midbass line arrays come to mind. 14 pairs per side mounted push-pull, with a little extra room for woodwork, and you could have 6'-7' tall midbass sections with a lot of directivity and very high output/efficiency. Slot loading could act as a bandpass and mass load. It'd need subs proper and a midtweet section, but you'd have what is arguably the most important part for impact and dynamics covered and then some, the 150hz+ could be very well handled at high efficiency with a small-enclosure pro mid and horn and you'd just need to add subs proper (infinite baffle?).

A bunch of conventional line arrays/CBTs for a serious HT build are another possibility. GLWS.

Thanks for the feedback. Currently looking for $12.50 each if bought in a pair. Half that, $6 each, if you buy the lot.
            Or some number in between for fewer.
            Or make me a compelling offer. Don't be afraid. Worst I could do is say no (not likely).

Comment

Working...
            X