Kairos flat packs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kairos flat packs

Hey gang, had a member reach out to me for a flat pack and I started cutting it before finalizing details. They decided against it and and I figured two things:
    1. It's started so I may as well finish it.
    2. I have enough 1" MDF for three or four sets, let's get this lumber out of the garage and it's more efficient to cut a bunch at one time.

Should have them completed in twoish weeks, sooner if order placed.

Pm if interested. Thanks!
    Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

You have a PM.

Comment

Replied!

A lot of guys asking but price seems to be the biggest factor from putting them in their hands(trust me, I feel the pain ;) )

Keep in mind this is all being done by hand, not CNC, time for me to get materials, cut everything, pack, ship, cost of materials, cost of shipping materials, wear and tear on my tools, electricity, etc. Take all that in mind and you see why it seems a bit pricey.

So just an idea, depending on locale you are looking at anywhere from $360-$450 without terminal plate to your door. These kits are glue up, put a finish on it and install drivers and terminals. Those seem to be the two biggest received questions.

Thanks guys and hopefully this will help weed out a lot of the questions and give a heads up on what to expect. And I am always eager to help out the community, so shoot me a PM about ANYTHING if you still really want to get into a pair of these. ;)

Joey
      Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

One going out next week! Thanks!

Comment

Shipped!

I have another kit done and ready, no port, terminal or tweeter terminals (this seems popular right now).

Comment

Built set of cabinets still in garage to specs posted above. Let me know if interested!

Comment

Hey Joey,

Seems like there are several kits for Paul's speakers needing flat pack solutions. I had a member contact me a couple of months ago for the Carrera's. He made it easy and supplied drawings of all the panels and cut outs which helped since I didn't have a lot of time to spare when he made the request. If you are selling the cabs assembled and finished, that seems like a very reasonable price. Put some pics up so people can get a better idea of what you are offering. Here are some pics from the Carrera Kit I sold.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170426_012410.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	293.3 KB
ID:	1339781

Name:	20170427_000038 (1).jpg
Size:	298.8 KB
ID:	1339778

Name:	20170427_002000 (2).jpg
Size:	379.6 KB
ID:	1339779

Name:	20170427_002949 (3).jpg
Size:	486.2 KB
ID:	1339780

My "No-Name" CC Speaker
              Kerry's "Silverbacks"
              Ben's Synchaeta's for Mom
              The Archers
              Rick's "db" Desktop CBT Arrays
              The Gandalf's

Comment

I'll have to post some personal builds I guess and some commissioned work. That's a good idea and makes me kind if feel dumb for not. When I get back from vacation I'll get some up.

No finish, I hate finish work. 😄. But if I build it they will ship finish-ready.

Comment

I wish there were more flat packs available in birch plywood. I realize it's a bit more expensive than MDF, but it gives you a lot more options for finishing. I don't really care for paint, and even applying veneer to the MDF will lead to a baffle that doesn't match up properly, and that's at an added cost. A plywood box would allow you to stain or paint as you see fit.

Comment

Doable. 😏😏😏

Comment

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...ck-for-kat2905

$400shipped OBO

Comment

Working...
                      X