FS: 299-096 10" Subwoofers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: 299-096 10" Subwoofers

I have a pair of the 299-096 10" Subwoofers // http://www.parts-express.com/10-subw...4-ohm--299-096 //

$55 PayPal for the pair including shipping in the 48. PM me for details.

Thank You

These should break 40Hz at over 100dB w/55watts in a 2cf (gross) box, sealed and stuffed, w/NO boost. "Q" under 0.90.
    (reminds me of my LARGE ADVE\TS)

Comment

These are very likely full-bird adire XBL^2 factory units- the 9mm claimed Xmax is probably understated, due to the gap geometry not conforming to (Gap - Coil)/2 math for "underhung" systems. XBL isn't really underhung but if you were to consider the top plates as a single piece that's how it would work.

I need more woofers like a hole in the head but these are a very good deal for someone looking to add some small subs (or one larger one) with relatively high output capability.

Comment

Originally posted by badman View Post
        These are very likely full-bird adire XBL^2 factory units- the 9mm claimed Xmax is probably understated, due to the gap geometry not conforming to (Gap - Coil)/2 math for "underhung" systems. XBL isn't really underhung but if you were to consider the top plates as a single piece that's how it would work.

I need more woofers like a hole in the head but these are a very good deal for someone looking to add some small subs (or one larger one) with relatively high output capability.
        Jeff - you NEED more, more is better.
        Sausage With Meat Sause, Please

Comment

Originally posted by Beau View Post

Jeff - you NEED more, more is better.

I think I'm well beyond where MOAR is viable. I have a pair of built XBL^2 12"s sitting unused in passive radiator systems (15" passives) in the garage, that would work in 2 cubes similarly to these (and empty cabs with appropriate cutouts to match). I have at least 7 unused 15"s that I can think of (JBLs, Gauss, Eminence) along with a plethora of smaller systems. I just picked up some EVOI 324 woofers/cabs (am short a horn/driver combo and the electronics are long gone), JBL calls the EVO LF-8 a 14" driver (I have now 4 of them) though they're really more of a 12", along with half a dozen 2206h 12"s, 2 more 12" subs, and at least 12 8"s, all unused. Time to get rid of some! No 10"s though, so you may have a point ;)

Basically, I'm at large nightclub installation level stock. So these are not for me, but they're seemingly a great choice for someone whose compulsive hoarding isn't going to have him die under a pile of fancy drivers, after his wife and kids abandon him for his magnetic excesses.

Comment

I think I'm well beyond where MOAR is viable. I have a pair of built XBL^2 12"s sitting unused in passive radiator systems (15" passives) in the garage, that would work in 2 cubes similarly to these (and empty cabs with appropriate cutouts to match). I have at least 7 unused 15"s that I can think of (JBLs, Gauss, Eminence) along with a plethora of smaller systems. I just picked up some EVOI 324 woofers/cabs (am short a horn/driver combo and the electronics are long gone), JBL calls the EVO LF-8 a 14" driver (I have now 4 of them) though they're really more of a 12", along with half a dozen 2206h 12"s, 2 more 12" subs, and at least 12 8"s, all unused. Time to get rid of some! No 10"s though, so you may have a point ;)

Basically, I'm at large nightclub installation level stock. So these are not for me, but they're seemingly a great choice for someone whose compulsive hoarding isn't going to have him die under a pile of fancy drivers, after his wife and kids abandon him for his magnetic excesses.
            Holy cow
            Sausage With Meat Sause, Please

Comment

Are these new?

Comment

Sold. Thank You

Comment

Gauss, now there is a brand from my PA youth. Are they still in the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Beau View Post

Holy cow
                    I'm in the same boat, pretty much. I have many woofers.
                    IIRC, the original thread about these buyout subs in the OP were referenced as being XBL^2 designed, and I think was something like, "Someone at PE deserves a pat on the back!"

Later,
                    Wolf
                    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                    http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post

I'm in the same boat, pretty much. I have many woofers.
                      IIRC, the original thread about these buyout subs in the OP were referenced as being XBL^2 designed, and I think was something like, "Someone at PE deserves a pat on the back!"

Later,
                      Wolf
                      Close, but no cigar!

Actually the exact title of the thread was: Somewhere, A PE Buyer Deserves A Raise...

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...serves-a-raise
                      Don't worry, if your parachute fails, you have the rest of your life to fix it.

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

Comment

Originally posted by Squidspeak View Post

Not that I know of- these are old-school alnicos- when I say unused, I mean "stored" not "New in box". I also have JBL LE8T and LE8T-H fullrangers, and some other vintagey goodies out there. I should be ashamed of my hoarding!

Comment

Originally posted by Squidspeak View Post
                          I just got some old Gauss woofers with rebuild kids (cones, voice coils, surrounds, dust caps) and some some monstrously heavy JBL and James Lansing (pre JBL) woofers - not sure what to do with them.
                          "...this is not a subwoofer" - Jeff Bagby ;)

Comment

If you can share details on them, I may be able to help. Lansing heritage forums are the place for old-school JBL/James Lansing gear. The LE8T from WAY back when is still a very viable, excellent sounding driver, I think the LE15A falls in that bucket as well. Gauss tend to be excellent high power drivers with very serious motors.

Comment

Working...
                            X