Los Angeles FREE Bonanza

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Los Angeles FREE Bonanza

I'm moving, my loss, your gain! Free for pickup in Los Angeles (I'm near the 10 and 405 freeway interchange).

Thus, it's not "first come, first served" but more subject to my whims and preferences for an enthusiast who intends to do something with some of the stuff with it rather than to just make a buck reselling it.

I'll update if/as things disappear...so if it's still here, then it's probably available. Hey, and it's free, so, things can always change!

Unfortunately, if you can't pick up in person, I'm not particularly in the mood to be packing things, shipping, exchanging money, etc. Unless you have corresponded or know me, then I'm more flexible.

REMAINING (we're pretty much down to the eWaste now...):
    • Proton 300 table radio with optional 301 stereo speaker. This was a somewhat special table radio in it's time, each speaker is a biamplified 2-way and it has an analog FM tuner with a digital display. I have the schematics for both. It works fine but it doesn't sound legendary --- this could be the electrolytics going bad or it may have never sounded great. Antenna mount is toast. Grill cloth is OK but faded, I can supply more cloth.
    • NHT MA-1 subwoofer amplifier, untested, 80W.
    • Lenovo x100e netbook mfr 10/2003, 2GB, 200GB, 1.6 GHz AMD Athlon Neo MV-40. Can run Win10 64, but not quickly.
    More goodies may make it to the list depending on how homes are found for it and/or if I decide to move it.

Best,
    --Derek

GONE:
    • 3x Tymphany/Vifa XT25SC90-04 tweeter, 1x opened, 1x new (not in pic)
    • 2x Dayton ND20FA-6 tweeter, 1x opened, 1x new (not in pic)
    • 2x Seas Prestige L12RCY/P H1207-08, 4.5" aluminum cone woofer, 1x opened, 1x new (not in pic)
    • 4x Dayton RS125T-8, unopened
    • 1x Dayton RS180P-4 woofer, new open box
    • 1x Dayton RS270-8, new open box
    • 4x Peerless 83179 woofer pulls from used-working Triad Bronze MTM
    • 2x Vifa BC25SC15-04 tweeter pulls from used-working Triad Bronze MTM
    • 2x terminal cups with crossovers for above Triad speakers
    • 1x Dayton RSS210HF-4, new open box
    • 2x Tang-Band W5-2053
    • 2x Denovo 0.04 ft^3 knock down cabinet pairs (4 cabinets)
    • 4x Peerless 830880 passive radiators
    • 2x Dayton ND91-8 (3 are shown in the pic, but only 2 available)
    • 4x Dayton CF120-4
    • 2x Peerless BC25SC55-04
    • 3x Peerless XT25BG60-04
    • Dayton DS115-8
    • Dayton RS100-4
    • 2 kits for stereo LM3886-based amplifiers.
    • Parasound HCA-806
    • Dayton RSS315HF-4 presently in repurposed Mackie DLM12S cabinet (cabinet and woofer never engineered but works OK, Mackie elx. are lost cause, driver has probably not been fully broken in yet....)
    • 10" subwoofer pull from NHT SW2P, no obvious manufacturer markings, 4 ohm (no pic)
    • Ascend Acoustics CMT-340c SE 6.5" MTM center channel speaker. Missing logo sticker on grill (I'd be surprised if Ascend wouldn't send one gratis). Incl. original box, probably the best commercial center channel speaker for the money ($300), locally assembled, but has vinyl cabinet covering. Tweeter is from Seas, not sure on the woofers (polygel construction).
    • NHT SubTwo (2x poly 10" woofers 500w), cabinet has some issues but most sides are nice.
    • NHT B6 subwoofer pair in slightly bumped up cabinets (2x 12" aluminum come woofers in each, 6 ohm nom. for the pair), incl. X1 crossover but not the amplifiers or the easy-to-order low current 15VAC power supply for the X1 (these are the subwoofers from the $6k Evolution T6 system, they weigh 71 lbs each and yes they come with the aluminum legs).
    • NHT X1 subwoofer crossover. This theoretically has bass boost designed for the T5/T6 series's subwoofers so your mileage may vary. Easy to order 15VAC wall wart power supply not included. This is in addition to the X1 above.
    • NHT VT-1 tower speakers, grill cloth needs some help. Surrounds are fine. I can supply some grill cloth.
    • TDM active crossover 24CX-2 RCA (24dB/octave, adjustable xo point for each of 2 channels, level adjust for each output)
    • Extech 383273 3.5 digit DMM with RS-232 output. Yes, really, DB-9 cable and manuals included! Last I checked, it was measuring correctly.
    Last edited by deschu; 03-04-2017, 02:45 PM. Reason: Status update...note: if you coordinated with Hong, he has it.
    --Derek

I would certainly like to help you out!

I am amenable to whatever your preference is. I live very close to you and I'm available this Saturday

I'm happy to pay you a sum for the entire lot of drivers and some of the other stuff. Or if you're feeling charitable, I can write a check to your favorite charity.

and I promise not to re-sell any of them. These are just for projects that I do with my teenage son.
    Last edited by ceiol; 03-02-2017, 08:29 PM.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Wow, very nice of you! Someone got very lucky. I live close to you, but most of the items I would be interested in, are already gone.
        Don't worry, if your parachute fails, you have the rest of your life to fix it.

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

Comment

deschu - VERY generous. The community thanks you.

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
          "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
          SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
          My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

Exceptionally generous! I wish I were closer (Orange County) for those NHT dual 12"s but I'm sure someone deserving will get them. The DMM would be a nice addition as mine is long in the tooth, as would the crossover. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by badman View Post
              Exceptionally generous! I wish I were closer (Orange County) for those NHT dual 12"s but I'm sure someone deserving will get them. The DMM would be a nice addition as mine is long in the tooth, as would the crossover. Oh well.
              Check in with Hong, he's coming up....the DMM isn't exactly new, but it's capable.
              --Derek

Comment

Wow - between Jeff and me maybe we can pressure (or bribe) Hong into providing a delivery service.

Hmmm - NHT dual 12"s .....
                Sausage With Meat Sause, Please

Comment

Originally posted by Beau View Post
                  Wow - between Jeff and me maybe we can pressure (or bribe) Hong into providing a delivery service.

Hmmm - NHT dual 12"s .....
                  Have you seen the alligator moat around my property lately?
                  Some people are addicted to Vicodin. I'm addicted to speaker building.

The Chorales - Usher 8945A/Vifa XT25TG Build
                  ESP Project 101 Lateral MOSFET Amplifier
                  LM4780 Parallel Chipamp
                  Sonata Soundbar Project
                  The Renditions - Active/Passive Towers

Comment

Originally posted by hongrn View Post

Have you seen the alligator moat around my property lately?

Well, no, now that you mention it.

Comment

I wish I had the time

Comment

Just got back from visiting Derek. Nice man and extremely generous. Kept a few things for myself since I suffered the traffic jam on the 405, but saved the following:

1. Jeff badman - DMM, crossover and 2 NHT sub drivers
                        2. Beau - NHT sub drivers, RS sub driver
                        3. Eric Korver - box of drivers, tweeters

Thanks again Derek for your kindness. Time to figure out what I can extort from Jeff and Beau. Muahaha..
                        Some people are addicted to Vicodin. I'm addicted to speaker building.

The Chorales - Usher 8945A/Vifa XT25TG Build
                        ESP Project 101 Lateral MOSFET Amplifier
                        LM4780 Parallel Chipamp
                        Sonata Soundbar Project
                        The Renditions - Active/Passive Towers

Comment

Thank you Derek for our generosity, great meeting you! Time to get some new sub boxes together.

Comment

My thanks to both Derek and Hong.

Thank you both for your generosity.

Comment

Met with Hong today and received a box with a nice set of woofers and tweeters, etc. Thanks so much for your generosity Derek. It is very much appreciated. Also a thank you to Hong for taking on the role of a mule!
                              Don't worry, if your parachute fails, you have the rest of your life to fix it.

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

Comment

Working...
                              X