Wavecor WF152BD04 8 Ohm woofers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wavecor WF152BD04 8 Ohm woofers

Some very nice paper cone Wavecor 152mm woofers for sale. NEW IN BOX, never been used, mounted, or clip leads attached. They go new for $120/ea at Solen.

$150/pair shipped. $275/quartet shipped. $800 for the dozen shipped.

These are absolutely fantastic drivers. Zaph has some test data on the 4 Ohm version in his blog section (shown below). Exceptionally clean and smooth response and very low non-linear distortion. Very good bass performance too for a small woofer. Mate well with ribbon tweeters at 3KHz.

We were using these as mids in the Nimbus black but we've switched to Audio Technology mids so these need to find a home. If you want to dabble in high end performing drivers, now is your chance.

If you're interested, drop me a line.

pete_schumacher AT yahoo.com

Click image for larger version

Name:	WFBD152BD04.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	1324591

Name:	WF152BD04 back.jpg
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	1324592

Name:	WF152BD04 - 12.jpg
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	1324593

R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
    Gravity is an overrated force on the cosmic scale. Physicists are missing the bigger picture. They fell into a black hole and were never seen advancing the understanding of the cosmos again.

Pete, just out of curiosity is wavecor (the company) an offshoot of euro engineers starting their own vision of high end drivers like several other high end driver
    ​companies that left Europe to manufacture in Asia?.

Comment

Originally posted by Squidspeak View Post
      Pete, just out of curiosity is wavecor (the company) an offshoot of euro engineers starting their own vision of high end drivers like several other high end driver
      ​companies that left Europe to manufacture in Asia?.
      I believe Wavecor has engineers that once worked at Scanspeak.
      R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

Gravity is an overrated force on the cosmic scale. Physicists are missing the bigger picture. They fell into a black hole and were never seen advancing the understanding of the cosmos again.

Comment

I tested a few dozen Wavecor tweeters and the unit-to-unit consistency was remarkable - significantly superior to other brands such as Seas tweeters [in terms of variance between units] I tested, for example.
        "...this is not a subwoofer" - Jeff Bagby ;)

Comment

Originally posted by critofur View Post
          I tested a few dozen Wavecor tweeters and the unit-to-unit consistency was remarkable - significantly superior to other brands such as Seas tweeters [in terms of variance between units] I tested, for example.
          I totally understand. Wavecor has remarkable QC. Their drivers are worth it even at retail. At these prices they are a steal. Truly Scanspeak performance at a great price.

Comment

I'd buy a lot of them if they were the 4 ohm version =(

Comment

The per-dozen price could lead to some very fun systems. I've found Wavecor to be very good quality as well, good luck with sale.

Comment

6 taken, 6 left. Get 'em while the gettin's good.

Comment

Only 4 left now.

Comment

Originally posted by critofur View Post
                    Can I use this in my Wavecor thread?
                    I can't sell woofers like this guy.
                    I need help.

Comment

What thread is that?

Comment

Selling woofers.
                        Was asking the clown if I could use his quote?

Comment

Working...
                        X