Community M4 "extremely high output" 4" compression midrange driver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Community M4 "extremely high output" 4" compression midrange driver

I have a pair of Community "M4 MID FREQUENCY HIGH POWER 4" EXIT COMPRESSION DRIVER"s

Spec sheet:

http://www.communitypro.com/sites/default/files/M4.PDF

Looking to see if there's any interest in these - seems like they are a little too expensive for me to keep for my own use, I don't need this kind of output capacity.

"...this is not a subwoofer" - Jeff Bagby ;)

Price?
    Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

Where do you get a horn with a 4" throat?
      Don't waste your money on a new set of speakers, you get more mileage from a cheap pair of sneakers. Next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways it's still rock and roll to me!

Comment

I want these, but at what price? Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

OK guys, sorry for the delay - I will run some impedance sweeps to try to get an idea if these are in good condition (beyond just looking OK from the outside).

These suckers are HEAVY.

If there's a blown voice coil or such issue, I'll come back with that info in a day or two. I read that the replacement diaphragms are quite expensive, so, let's hope they're working well as is...

Web page where somebody sold a pair of these with horns: https://www.soundbroker.com/speakers...iver-and-horn/

Here is a snip from the .PDF in the earlier post:
          Re Recommended Community Horns:
          PC1594M - 90 x 40 large format midrange or voice only horn
          PC1564M - 60 x 40 large format midrange or voice only horn
          PC1542M - 40 x 20 large format midrange or voice only horn
          SH1894 - 90 x 40 medium format midrange horn
          SH2064 - 60 x 40 medium format midrange horn
          CF2064 - A 90 degree throat SH2064 for up-angle mounting

Comment

Impedance sweeps of both drivers (my measurements are without horns):

Click image for larger version

Name:	Community M4 Imepdance Sweeps.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	1327616

Factory chart from the .PDF linked in earlier post:

Name:	Factory.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	1327617

Photo of the drivers:

Name:	Communit M4 Midrange SHO Compression Drivers.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	1327618

Comment

Originally posted by joeybutts View Post
              Price?
              Gosh - I don't know - they retail for what, $1,700 each? Normally when selling used people ask for about 1/2 for "like new" and less than that for "outside looks like they've seen some use, but still works well"?

These things are MONSTERS - more than a foot across and almost 50 lbs each. Shipping will be about $100 for the pair using Priority Mail, local pickup in Central Ohio would be an option. We can talk about the price here or guys can PM offers. Sorry I'm not very familiar with Pro Audio gear so I don't know what the price should be yet, I have to read more.

Comment

So, no price is set? Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Anji12305 View Post
                  So, no price is set? Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
                  What do you think would be a "very good" price but fair? I'm open to discussing trades also. I've always wanted a pair of Scan Speak Revelator or Illuminator woofers, but never been able to afford them. I also need some additional "Anarchy" 6.5" woofers for some projects I've got going.

If nobody wants to put forth an offer, I guess I'll take the "post a price and then lower it every few days" approach. I'd probably get more by putting them on eBay or one of those dedicated "pro sound" gear sites, but I'd rather sell them here for less.

Comment

7" phragms- pretty extreme output capability! They'd probably do really well from 200hz-1khz with a 1" driver in a horn above. I wouldn't want to drive them any higher than that, though. Shorting ring, carbon fiber phragm, nice looking drivers, for a BIG midrange horn.

Comment

Originally posted by critofur
                      What do you think would be a "very good" price but fair? I'm open to discussing trades also. I've always wanted a pair of Scan Speak Revelator or Illuminator woofers, but never been able to afford them.
                      Which size woofer? Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

I think I mentioned before, I also have a variety of old "Gauss" brand woofers, and a pair of JBL 2220J - the JBL woofers have a little dust, and some minor scuff marks on the frames, but otherwise are close to "like new" condition. The Gauss woofers (one pair of them is model 3181 I think) would serve as nice large mid ranges to use below the Community M4s perhaps?

Originally posted by Anji12305 View Post
                        Which size woofer? Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
                        "18W" would be most useful, I think? I've also been looking to get 4 of the 4 ohm Anarchy 6.5" woofers, but they've been out of stock.

I've been wanting to measure the "back side" of the Illuminator woofers (from 90 degrees off axis, or from the "side" of the woofer) at ~ 1/2 meter away, and a few cm away - to see if they have a smooth roll off of the high frequency and a flat response in the "pass band" from the rear/side...

Comment

These would probably work well above well-designed 18"s- acoustic elegance are probably the best bet. Put a large low-diffraction mid/midbass horn on the driver, and a 1" or 1.4" exit comp driver on a good horn (SEOS?) above it. http://www.diysoundgroup.com/autotec.../jmlc200t.html would probably be a good option for the horn for this driver.

Comment

Working...
                          X