Want to buy/rent: High end DIY bookshelf speaker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to buy/rent: High end DIY bookshelf speaker

After going to InDIYana and hearing some exceptional speakers from Dan N and Jeff Bagby, I want to get a pair myself purely to help me compare against my own builds and reset my ears when I work on the tuning of my speaker.

I'm looking to buy (or borrow/rent) a finished pair of bookshelf speakers that uses high end drivers (SS Revelator, Illuminator, SB Satori, Morel Supreme, etc), preferably from a well respected designer. Borrowing/renting would be preferable as I don't plan on keeping it for long, at least not until I finally settle down and stay at the same city for more than a year.

Thanks

Where are you living?

Comment

Originally posted by musiclear View Post
      Where are you living?
      I live in Toronto, so have to ship this unless this is close to the border.

Comment

Yup... I thought maybe you were in south Florida and it would be easy to get together. I've got a nice set of monitors, but I am not shipping them anywhere. Sorry.

Comment

Brian,

Jeff was trying to get rid of a pair of Continuums at the event. You might reach out to him and see if he will ship them. If he can't get them to Canada or it just costs too much to ship, you can ship them to me and I could meet you in Windsor. I know they aren't Scanspeak or other uber-expensive drivers, but I know several people who prefer them over almost anything he's built and Jeff has said they are some of the lowest distortion speakers he's made.
          -Kerry

www.pursuitofperfectsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Navy Guy View Post
            Brian,

Jeff was trying to get rid of a pair of Continuums at the event. You might reach out to him and see if he will ship them. If he can't get them to Canada or it just costs too much to ship, you can ship them to me and I could meet you in Windsor. I know they aren't Scanspeak or other uber-expensive drivers, but I know several people who prefer them over almost anything he's built and Jeff has said they are some of the lowest distortion speakers he's made.
            Thanks for the offer man, I may take you up on that. Javad actually snatched the Continuums from Jeff. I would buy that if he didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by bcodemz View Post

Thanks for the offer man, I may take you up on that. Javad actually snatched the Continuums from Jeff. I would buy that if he didn't.
              Ok, same goes for any other pair you find from the U.S. Only stipulation is that I get to open them to listen at my house for a few days before I bring them up :D
              -Kerry

www.pursuitofperfectsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Navy Guy View Post

Ok, same goes for any other pair you find from the U.S. Only stipulation is that I get to open them to listen at my house for a few days before I bring them up :D
                I got absolutely no problem with that!

Comment

You could meet at my place - I am in Windsor, and hope to have a few new projects completed soon.

Comment

Let me know if you're ever travelling through SK.
                    Don't waste your money on a new set of speakers, you get more mileage from a cheap pair of sneakers. Next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways it's still rock and roll to me!

Comment

Might see if Vapor or Pete S has a pair of the demo Breeze or original Circus you can get on loan
                      John H

SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Working...
                      X