X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: DIYSoundGroup Type Speakers (TD15M + Seos15 + DE250) MD/DC/VA

I have speakers based on the following design by Bill Waslo:

http://libinst.com/SEOS/SEOS15/SEOS1...5%20design.pdf

These are excellent 2-way speakers and they play flat to about 45hz. With room gain, much lower.

They are very similar to the Fusion Sentinal Speaker by DIYSoundGroup - expect with a much higher quality TD15M driver by Acoustic Elegance.

Parts, including wood, cost me $1,150.

I'm asking $850. I just don't think you can get similar performance anywhere near that price.

They were constructed with 3/4 Baltic birch. I did not apply a finish - so the new owner can stain/finish to their liking.

My zip: 20817

If you are not local, I may be able to ship the parts.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SeosTd15.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	1340418

Last edited by dkalsi; 07-27-2017, 08:19 AM.

You might want to include a zip code for those of us who are fascinated. Interesting design.

Comment

Sure - my zipcode is 20817

Comment

updated

Comment

Very fair pricing and it should be a great system, good luck w sale.

Comment

Lol, do they play loud?

Comment

I don't particularly play loud, but yes, they can handle insane volume. The great thing is that the SEOS waveguide + DE250 combo never gets "honky". I think even Jeff Babgy would agree, who was pleased with its use in hiis smaller SEOS Tempest design.

Comment

I wish I had room. I bet they are amazing.

Comment

Other than duplicating this design to create a center, are these speakers from a family of similar speakers that includes a dedicated center? What are the dimensions? I'm actually local to you.

Comment

Beatle,

The speakers are 31" tall, 20" deep, and 25" wide. Because I was initially planning on veneering them, I wanted the baffle to have a cleaner look. Thus, I decided to port the speakers in the back.

If one had space, they could build an identical speaker center. If was going to utilize this in an HT setting, and needed a center channel, I would build the smaller DIYSoundGroup Tempest - it should have very similar performance.

Thanks,
                    D

Comment

Price reduced to $750! Final call before I break the up and part out the components.

Comment

Working...
                      X