Name:	Seas finished.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	1355192 Click image for larger version

Name:	Seas Box.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	380.0 KB
ID:	1355189
    This illustrates why you shouldn't try to assemble speakers at 12:30 in the morning :-). It was less than a week before the Iowa DIY and I put a screw driver through the surround. I didn't have time to check into repairing it, so I bought a replacement. It has been repaired with the silicone based glue that Madisound recommended and works fine, but I doubt I will ever build a design with these again because although they are great, they are $278 each new...and I have five pairs of speakers already.

The pics will show the damaged surround. The woofer has only been played maybe 15 minutes total...just to test it after the repair. $125 shipped to the lower 48.

This is the 8 ohm version. The slit in the surround is on the bottom right in the pic.I included the finished speakers to confirm this is not a random driver :-).
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Slit Seas.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	250.3 KB
ID:	1355190 Click image for larger version

Name:	Terminals Seas.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	335.1 KB
ID:	1355191
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jake Parsons; 12-05-2017, 12:07 PM.

Did you try using the advanced settings to upload? Been a while since I uped a pic but I think there is a way to upload bigger files.

Comment

Thanks to another member in my other thread, I got these uploaded.

Comment

Jake, do you have a write-up anywhere for this year's DIYIA entry (thought they were pretty excellent)?

Comment

Working...
        X