• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have dibs on the Audax Aerogel 5.25"!
    Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
    http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

I have dibs on the crossover components

Comment

The first Audiophile to become a comedian will soon after accumulate enough money to pay a team of audiophiles to build them any audio system they desire

Comment

I believe I have first dibs on the xover components... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by poochieone View Post
            I believe I have first dibs on the xover components... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Not really - I had already sent him a PM inquiring about that literally a few mins after it was listed :-). Feel free to follow up with Tevadar for proof

Anyways ... lets see if things even get to that point.

Comment

Ummm . . . excuse uz guyzez
              Every one knowz I got first dibs on everything that comes up on this forum that takes the veils off and/or iz free

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy154 View Post
                Ummm . . . excuse uz guyzez
                Every one knowz I got first dibs on everything that comes up on this forum that takes the veils off and/or iz free

Haha - I also felt my comment was a bit much. I just got too excited over the crossover galore :-)

Comment

the lol waznt directed towards you
                  But audiophiles do live in a world of their own, like autistic people
                  Actually one of the signs of autism is having a totally encompassing/involving hobby/interest, among other things that are equally vague, I suppose

If you even hint to an audiophile you might sell something to him at a certain price, forget it, in their heads it's already their's

It's kind of like it makes no sense to drive to the gas station across the street to save $.02/gallon, but people do it anyway

Like if I spent the time I'm taking here to do something productive, I could buy any woofer I want at full price and have money left over, but I do it anyway, weird

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy154 View Post

Like if I spent the time I'm taking here to do something productive, I could buy any woofer I want at full price and have money left over, but I do it anyway, weird
                    Ain't that the truth brother - I'm the same way. That cracked me up.

Comment

Originally posted by dkalsi View Post

Ain't that the truth brother - I'm the same way. That cracked me up.

Yeah- I've had to get over the "saving value" mentality- the storage of all these things "I got a great deal" on or "wouldn't it be cool if" is a big cost- my garage is loaded up with stuff I don't use, and it takes me away from my ability to use the stuff I should be using more! Now I have been giving away a lot of stuff, or selling well below value, just to get my space back and free myself from the hoarder shackles. It's going to take a while still.

Comment

If you do decide to ship a pair of RSS-265 subs to texas, 75094, please PM me . Not sure how much you would want.

Thx

Comment

Originally posted by dkalsi View Post
                          Not really - I had already sent him a PM inquiring about that literally a few mins after it was listed :-). Feel free to follow up with Tevadar for proof Anyways ... lets see if things even get to that point.
                          Cool, Iím sure heíll do the right thing. It certainly looks like a juicy lot! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by badman View Post

Yeah- I've had to get over the "saving value" mentality- the storage of all these things "I got a great deal" on or "wouldn't it be cool if" is a big cost- my garage is loaded up with stuff I don't use, and it takes me away from my ability to use the stuff I should be using more! Now I have been giving away a lot of stuff, or selling well below value, just to get my space back and free myself from the hoarder shackles. It's going to take a while still.
                            I've been telling myself this for years, "my hobbies get in the way of my hobbies". Between speaker building, A/V/Electronics in general, wood working, cars, being a tinkerer by nature and being cheap and never purging any of my "stuff"... It can get out of hand.

Comment

I'm interested in the pair of PHL E172-8 and the Aeroports, should you decide to part things out.

Comment

I could still use (2) or (4) 1.3 or 1.5 mH aircore inductors if you're willing.

Comment

Working...
                                X