• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have dibs on the Audax Aerogel 5.25"!
    Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
    http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

I have dibs on the crossover components

Comment

The first Audiophile to become a comedian will soon after accumulate enough money to pay a team of audiophiles to build them any audio system they desire

Comment

I believe I have first dibs on the xover components... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by poochieone View Post
            I believe I have first dibs on the xover components... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Not really - I had already sent him a PM inquiring about that literally a few mins after it was listed :-). Feel free to follow up with Tevadar for proof

Anyways ... lets see if things even get to that point.

Comment

Ummm . . . excuse uz guyzez
              Every one knowz I got first dibs on everything that comes up on this forum that takes the veils off and/or iz free

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy154 View Post
                Ummm . . . excuse uz guyzez
                Every one knowz I got first dibs on everything that comes up on this forum that takes the veils off and/or iz free

Haha - I also felt my comment was a bit much. I just got too excited over the crossover galore :-)

Comment

the lol waznt directed towards you
                  But audiophiles do live in a world of their own, like autistic people
                  Actually one of the signs of autism is having a totally encompassing/involving hobby/interest, among other things that are equally vague, I suppose

If you even hint to an audiophile you might sell something to him at a certain price, forget it, in their heads it's already their's

It's kind of like it makes no sense to drive to the gas station across the street to save $.02/gallon, but people do it anyway

Like if I spent the time I'm taking here to do something productive, I could buy any woofer I want at full price and have money left over, but I do it anyway, weird

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy154 View Post

Like if I spent the time I'm taking here to do something productive, I could buy any woofer I want at full price and have money left over, but I do it anyway, weird
                    Ain't that the truth brother - I'm the same way. That cracked me up.

Comment

Originally posted by dkalsi View Post

Ain't that the truth brother - I'm the same way. That cracked me up.

Yeah- I've had to get over the "saving value" mentality- the storage of all these things "I got a great deal" on or "wouldn't it be cool if" is a big cost- my garage is loaded up with stuff I don't use, and it takes me away from my ability to use the stuff I should be using more! Now I have been giving away a lot of stuff, or selling well below value, just to get my space back and free myself from the hoarder shackles. It's going to take a while still.

Comment

If you do decide to ship a pair of RSS-265 subs to texas, 75094, please PM me . Not sure how much you would want.

Thx

Comment

Originally posted by dkalsi View Post
                          Not really - I had already sent him a PM inquiring about that literally a few mins after it was listed :-). Feel free to follow up with Tevadar for proof Anyways ... lets see if things even get to that point.

Comment

Originally posted by badman View Post

Yeah- I've had to get over the "saving value" mentality- the storage of all these things "I got a great deal" on or "wouldn't it be cool if" is a big cost- my garage is loaded up with stuff I don't use, and it takes me away from my ability to use the stuff I should be using more! Now I have been giving away a lot of stuff, or selling well below value, just to get my space back and free myself from the hoarder shackles. It's going to take a while still.
                            I've been telling myself this for years, "my hobbies get in the way of my hobbies". Between speaker building, A/V/Electronics in general, wood working, cars, being a tinkerer by nature and being cheap and never purging any of my "stuff"... It can get out of hand.

Comment

I'm interested in the pair of PHL E172-8 and the Aeroports, should you decide to part things out.

Comment

I could still use (2) or (4) 1.3 or 1.5 mH aircore inductors if you're willing.

Comment

Working...
                                X