Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rolo95 View Post
    Javad,

i want to start in the hobby of speaker making, i havent cut a piece of wood before
    can you post some pics of before and after your router bit
    to actually get what the final result looks
    Thanks
    Rolo.
    Sure, see below this is what the cut looks like
    --
    Javad Shadzi
    Bay Area, CA

2-Channel Stereo system in the works with Adcom components and 4-way towers

Comment

Ohh, so that is to flush the driver into the cabinet right?

maybe I'm off topic but I have another question, professional cabinets ( JBL , Fulcrum Audio , dB , HK, etc etc ) have rounded edges at the corners of the cabinet and along
      the sides joints, so is there a router bit that round the edges of the cuts so when you join 2 outer sides of the cabinet you don't end with a sharp edge box

Comment

Originally posted by rolo95 View Post
        Ohh, so that is to flush the driver into the cabinet right?

maybe I'm off topic but I have another question, professional cabinets ( JBL , Fulcrum Audio , dB , HK, etc etc ) have rounded edges at the corners of the cabinet and along
        the sides joints, so is there a router bit that round the edges of the cuts so when you join 2 outer sides of the cabinet you don't end with a sharp edge box
        Hey! This bit specifically relieves the back side of the baffle to allow the driver to "breathe" or the air flow from the back of the cone to be unrestricted, it also prevents diffraction from the thickness of the baffle. This can be done before you glue the baffle on, but this bit allows it to easily be done afterwards.

See the pics above, look at how the back of the hole is now beveled and smooth.

For rounding over cabinet corners, look into the myriad of "round over" bits on the market, lots to choose from!

Thanks,
        Javad
        --
        Javad Shadzi
        Bay Area, CA

Comment

Ic !! , i watched a video on some guy who made some MDF little PC speaker cabinets and to finish he used a CHAMFER bit that made just that , round the edges of the little cabinet ;) Thanks. Rolo.

Comment

I give this tool two thumbs up!
            Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
              I give this tool two thumbs up!
              Glad to hear Johnny! =)
              --
              Javad Shadzi
              Bay Area, CA

Comment

Thanks guys, 3 left if you want one, then it will be a while onger =)
                --
                Javad Shadzi
                Bay Area, CA

Comment

Javad - I will take one please!

Comment

Working...
                  X