FS--5 Pairs of speakers.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS--5 Pairs of speakers.

I have too many speakers sitting unused and I'm hoping they can find new homes where they will be enjoyed (and I can then build some more!). So here's what I have to offer. The attached photos are in the same order as the following descriptions and the prices are per pair. The Marcatos have been sold. I reduced the asking price for the RS duets. The Cavatinas and RS duets have been sold. Both the Balmoras and Cabalettas have not been sold. No more speakers left. Thanks to everyone.

Marcato: An MTM using a pair of Usher 8945P midwoofers and a BG Neo3 PDR tweeter. The cabinet design is an ML-TL (mass-loaded transmission line) with an f3 of 32 Hz. Crossover design by Dan Neubecker. Cabinet dimensions are 10"W x 45-3/4"H x 12-1/2"D. Asking $750. SOLD

Cavatina: A 3-way with an Usher 8945A midwoofer, Scan Speak Discovery 10F/8424 midrange, and Fountek Neo CD 1.0 tweeter. The enclosure design for the Usher is a hybrid TL, both tapered and mass-loaded with an f3 of 32 Hz. The midrange has a small, sealed enclosure. Crossover design by Dennis Murphy. Cabinet dimensions are 9"W x 41"H x 11"D. First-place winner in Over-$200 category at 2011 MWAF. Asking $650. SOLD

RS Duets: A 2-way ML-TL for a Dayton Audio RS225-8 woofer and RS-28F tweeter. The f3 is 32 Hz and cabinet dimensions are 10W" x 40-1/4"H x 10-1/2"D. Crossover design by Mark Krawiec. First-place winner in Dayton Audio category at 2012 MWAF. Price reduced to $450.SOLD

Balmora: A 3-way for an SB Acoustics SB17NRX35-8 woofer, Tectonic TEBM46C20N-4B midrange, and SB19ST-C000-4 tweeter. The woofer is loaded by a 5-foot-long ML-TL featuring an f3 of 36 Hz, and the midrange has a small, sealed enclosure. Crossover design by Dan Neubecker. Cabinet dimensions of 9"W x 39-3/4"H x 11"D. Second-place winner in Under-$200 category at 2016 MWAF. Asking $425. SOLD

Cabaletta: A 3-way for a Dayton Audio RS180-4 and Dayton Audio CX120-8 coax. The RS180 is in a 5-foot-long ML-TL with an f3 of 35 Hz, and the coax has a small, sealed enclosure. Crossover design by Chuck Morris. Cabinet dimensions are 9-3/4"W x 40-1/4"H x 11-5/8"D. Second-place winner in Under-$200 category at 2018 MWAF. Asking $400. SOLD

I do realize that most people viewing this ad are also DIYers and would likely prefer to design and build their own because it's a great hobby that we all share. I will consider all serious and reasonable offers. I really want to sell these but, understandably, don't want to give them away, even figuratively. Offers can be made in a reply post to this ad or in a private message to me (and if the latter, I'd appreciate you providing your email address for further communications). I can provide write-ups with more information about these speakers if you give me your email address. A visit to my home for a listening session would naturally be expected. Cash and carry, no shipping, please, and thanks for looking.
    Paul
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Front, no grille.jpg Views:	1 Size:	70.5 KB ID:	1384679Click image for larger version  Name:	Cabinet front without grilles.jpg Views:	1 Size:	103.1 KB ID:	1384680Click image for larger version  Name:	Cabinet front without grille.jpg Views:	1 Size:	34.9 KB ID:	1384681Click image for larger version  Name:	Balmora front.gif Views:	1 Size:	79.6 KB ID:	1384682Click image for larger version  Name:	Cabaletta front.gif Views:	1 Size:	91.6 KB ID:	1384683
    Last edited by Paul K.; 09-21-2018, 01:46 PM.

Paul do you have prices for these? I am going to forward this to a few friends.

Thanks

Comment

Paul - where are you located.

Comment

I'm in Hilliard, OH very near Columbus.
        Thanks,
        Paul

Originally posted by dkalsi View Post
        Paul - where are you located.

Comment

Paul,

I'm afraid I have no clue on values for these speakers. Could you pm me with a hint or hoped for prices?

Regards,

Michael
          Meniscus Audio Adelphos (awesome!); GR Research LGK full range

Comment

My ad has been updated with asking prices.
            Thanks,
            Paul

Originally posted by xsilverjag View Post
            Paul do you have prices for these? I am going to forward this to a few friends.

Thanks

Comment

Michael, my ad has been updated with asking prices.
              Thanks,
              Paul

Originally posted by mresseguie View Post
              Paul,

I'm afraid I have no clue on values for these speakers. Could you pm me with a hint or hoped for prices?

Regards,

Michael

Comment

Paul

I have a friend who is an opera buff, doesn't listen to much else as far as I know. He has been pining for better speakers, and over the years I have made several suggestions.

The problem now is that his wife was recently diagnosed with stage IV pancreatic cancer. She is dying, and is in hospice. That makes me very hesitant to broach anything like this with him, but I think he would be an excellent candidate for one of your designs. I will see if I can do anything. He only lives a couple of blocks from me.

Comment

Excellent prices for this level of sound quality and workmanship. The pictures don't do them justice. I fall into the category of those who prefer to roll their own, but if I didn't, I would be all over these. Good luck with the sale Paul.

Dan
                  The Hurricanes
                  The Baronettes
                  Conneccentric
                  UX3

Comment

My son-in-law's mother died just last night at 80. She had been fighting multiple problems the last couple of years. Do what you think is best if and when the timing is considerate and appropriate.
                    Paul

Originally posted by skatz View Post
                    Paul

I have a friend who is an opera buff, doesn't listen to much else as far as I know. He has been pining for better speakers, and over the years I have made several suggestions.

The problem now is that his wife was recently diagnosed with stage IV pancreatic cancer. She is dying, and is in hospice. That makes me very hesitant to broach anything like this with him, but I think he would be an excellent candidate for one of your designs. I will see if I can do anything. He only lives a couple of blocks from me.

Comment

Thanks, Dan, for the compliments, and I do clearly understand others wanting to roll their own.
                      Paul

Originally posted by DanP View Post
                      Excellent prices for this level of sound quality and workmanship. The pictures don't do them justice. I fall into the category of those who prefer to roll their own, but if I didn't, I would be all over these. Good luck with the sale Paul.

Dan

Comment

Beautiful designs and builds Paul. Unfortunately, my house is filled with speakers in almost every room, with more on the way. Best wishes on some sales.

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
                        "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
                        SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
                        My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

Crazy pricing for such hi-end speakers. Compare those to what you get in a store for those same prices. WOW!
                          No matter where you go, there you are.
                          Website

Comment

If I had space I would make and offer on the Cavatina. The detail on the craftsmanship is amazing.

Comment

That leaves what at home? Danish Delight, Sonatello,, Cantilena, and the Esoteric project?

Wolf
                              "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                              "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                              "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                              "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                              http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                              http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Working...
                              X