Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: Four MCM Audio Select 6.5" Die Cast Kevlar/Paper Woofers

Hi Gents and Ladies,

Really appreciative all that everyone on this forum has shared over the years - I haven't actively contributed much, being a newcomer, but I have benefited greatly from this community. Thanks.

I'm selling 4 woofers I picked up last year for a project I just probably won't be getting to. Just had our fourth kid earlier this year, and between family, work, and community involvement, I can't find the time to build. Maybe in a few years. $30 a piece, free shipping from Idaho to continental US.

These are really nice, high value woofers from the late MCM Electronics, now owned by Newark Electronics. MCM Audio Select Product number 55-5665, "6.5 in Die Cast Woofer 8 ohm Rubber Surround", product info sheet linked below. Really nice, open die-cast frames, nice vented spiders and pole pieces, nice rubber surrounds, and a Kevlar/paper cone that I hoped would provide some nice sound and design flexibility. I bought 4 hoping to make a couple of nice TWW towers, but maybe another time.

These are all new, in-box. Have never been mounted. I did run some T/S measurements using the Dayton DATS system on one of them, but other than that they've just been sitting in the boxes they were shipped in.

From the manufacturer:
    "The KB series is a unique design by MCM Audio Select that features a Kevlar-Paper Blend cone, a well-vented, die-cast frame, and copper integrated into the motor structure. We designed this series to compete with woofers that have nearly double the price tag; we exceeded our expectations. Don't take our word for it, try it for yourself and see what all of the excitement is about."

Thanks for looking!

Mike
    Attached Files

Any trades

Comment

Thanks for offering carlthess40 - but I can't really build anything at the moment, so not really interested in exchanging parts for parts. But thanks for asking!

Comment

Good luck with sale.
        Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Great drivers!
          Wolf
          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
          http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Pmed

Comment

Working...
            X