Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts!

Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project.
We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well!

Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans.

We hope to see you this summer!

Vivian and Jill
2 of 2 < >

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

WTT: A pair of nice or decent mids/woofers for a pair of ribbon tweeters.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTT: A pair of nice or decent mids/woofers for a pair of ribbon tweeters.

I am looking to trade a pair of drivers I have for a pair of nice ribbon tweeters, or multiple pair of drivers for the right pair of ribbons. I am looking to trade because if I just sold my drivers as soon as the money reached me my wife would confiscate the funds.

Here is my plan, my father owns multiple pair of Infinity Infintesimals and we thought is would be fun to build some sort of clone to that speaker. I currently have a pair of Fountek NeoCD1.0, but was thinking maybe I should go with something a little bit bigger, more robust. The will be crossed over to a pair of Eton 5-880-25HEXbs.

Anyways, here are a few drivers I have to offer, I'll look to see if there are any others I'd be willing to trade. These are all NOS, never used.

First are a pair of Eton 5-880-25HEXb

next are a pair of Audax HM130Z0

next are a pair of Audax AM100Z0

So I'll continue looking through my stuff and see if there are any other drivers I'd part with ad post them. If there is anything you see that you like or have a pair of ribbons you'd like to pass along then let me know.

Thank you,
    Dan

I have a Pr. of Airborne RT-4001 AMT that should cross down to 2K, they are new never mounted in original box if interested. I paid $140 for the pair from
    Meniscus a couple years ago.Paul C. used these in the " Spitfire " design.

Comment

Originally posted by Squidspeak View Post
      I have a Pr. of Airborne RT-4001 AMT that should cross down to 2K, they are new never mounted in original box if interested. I paid $140 for the pair from
      Meniscus a couple years ago.Paul C. used these in the " Spitfire " design.
      Thank you, it’s definitely a consideration though for this build I think I’d like to stick with a true ribbon. I’m assuming you’d be open to a trade? What pair were you thinking you’d like if we were to trade? I guess I wouldn’t mind having a pair of amts on hand.

Dan

Comment

Dan, you ARE the guy who traded for about 500 NOS drivers a few yrs. back, right? And a 4-figure turntable? And some monster amps??

Comment

Originally posted by saabracer23 View Post

Thank you, it’s definitely a consideration though for this build I think I’d like to stick with a true ribbon. I’m assuming you’d be open to a trade? What pair were you thinking you’d like if we were to trade? I guess I wouldn’t mind having a pair of amts on hand.

Dan
          Yes I would like to trade and the Etons caught my eye, I realize there may be a value difference so make me an offer

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
            Dan, you ARE the guy who traded for about 500 NOS drivers a few yrs. back, right? And a 4-figure turntable? And some monster amps??
            Haha yeah, that’s me. Have any ribbons you’d like to trade for anything from that stuff? I may let it go.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Squidspeak View Post

Yes I would like to trade and the Etons caught my eye, I realize there may be a value difference so make me an offer
              Okay, let me think on that for a day or so. That’s the best pair that I’ve offered up here and would like to maybe see if another pair of ribbons show up. I have three pair of those, so I may still think of it, I may also offer up the 8” etons. I’m hoping for a pretty nice pair of ribbons.

Thank you,
              Dan

Comment

Originally posted by saabracer23 View Post

Okay, let me think on that for a day or so. That’s the best pair that I’ve offered up here and would like to maybe see if another pair of ribbons show up. I have three pair of those, so I may still think of it, I may also offer up the 8” etons. I’m hoping for a pretty nice pair of ribbons.

Thank you,
                Dan
                Now Dan, you don't want to be on one of those hoarding shows do you LOL ? You cant take all those drivers with you so you offer me a fair number and feel good
                knowing you did the right thing . Just kidding "not" but give it some thought, thanks Mike

Comment

Working...
                X