Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Audible Physics drivers used in Jessie Girl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johnnyrichards
    started a topic Audible Physics drivers used in Jessie Girl

Audible Physics drivers used in Jessie Girl

These drivers were used in Chuck's "Jessie Girl" mini speaker. AP are very well thought out and executed drivers, and I have no doubt Chuck's implementation was excellent.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181207_091100882 (Medium).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	1396500

Name:	IMG_20181207_091115196 (Medium).jpg
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	1396501

Woofers feature an aluminum cone, phase plug, cast frame, and model well for a 4" driver. The tweeters are just great, I tore one down at one point - lots of copper, chamfered pole piece hole, extended pole piece, even a chamber of sorts, ferrofluid. Note: this was a destructive teardown, I could not see any way to take it apart with the goal of re-assembly. In my testing, it looked doable at 3500Hz.

Name:	40567 (Medium).jpeg
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	1396499

Two midbass, three tweeters shipped to the 48 for $50. These are pretty high performing drivers, and Chuck's design skills are top notch. Great little speakers.

Paypal only.

Chuck's project thread:

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...or-my-daughter

He may even share his measurement files if a guy wants to take a crack at building his own crossover. Otherwise, you can trust Chuck's work.

• ceiol
    replied
    Originally posted by isaeagle4031 View Post
    That was fast!
    I've build these speakers before (great design -- thank you!) and wanted another set

Leave a comment:

• isaeagle4031
    replied
    That was fast!

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied
    Sold, thank you.

Leave a comment:

• ceiol
    replied
    done. I'll paypal you for these too.