Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SB Acoustics Prototype 6" Woofers - Similar to SB17NBAC35

SOLD - Thanks!

Offered for sale are (4) SB Acoustics 6" prototype woofers. They were samples made for a company I worked for, ordered by one of the prior engineers for testing and not used for any production. None of them show any signs of being mounted or tested. They have the matte-anodized aluminum cones with (5) crease lines, but instead of dust caps they have bright aluminum phase plugs, and they also have a bucking magnet (but no shielding cup). I don't have parameters for these, but I can measure them at your request using the added mass method (mass would be attached to the back of the cone in this case). These would be good midwoofers in a two-way, or midranges in a multi-way speaker. My prior experience with speakers having aluminum cones, aluminum voice coil formers, and aluminum phase plugs is that all three of them get into the act of wicking heat away from the voice coil, so long term power compression would be quite low - good for midrange service with larger woofers or in a slightly overdamped reflex alignment in a two-way.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	81.9 KB ID:	1404883Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	80.7 KB ID:	1404885

Here's a chance for you to pick up some midwoofers that are genuinely something different, as I am not aware of any manufacturer of high-end speakers using a similar configuration of the SB Acoustics midwoofers with phase plugs like these. I am offering them at $35 each plus shipping, and I am selling them in pairs only, so that I am not left with any orphans. The price is half of the retail price of the similar SB17NBAC35, and is firm. (I don't like negotiating - sorry if that's your thing.)

These are in all original packaging, including poly bags, and are free of any storage grime. Paypal only. USA Residential addresses only. Non-DOA warranty only (30 days from ship date).

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by Rory Buszka; 02-27-2019, 07:50 AM.
    Technology in the service of art, for the life of the music.

Rory, tried sending a text..
    Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

2 of 4 units sold, 2 remaining.

The remaining units have 6 ohms impedance, 89 dB sensitivity (2.83V) and 32 Hz Fs. (Found the sample data)

Comment

Originally posted by Rory Buszka View Post
        2 of 4 units sold, 2 remaining. The remaining units have 6 ohms impedance, 89 dB sensitivity (2.83V) and 32 Hz Fs. (Found the sample data)
        I’ll grab the other two from you on Saturday at Dan’s.
        -Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Navy Guy View Post
          I’ll grab the other two from you on Saturday at Dan’s.
          Good deal.

Marking this listing "SOLD".

Comment

Rory you escaped "T" just in time!

Comment

Originally posted by rickcraig View Post
              Rory you escaped "T" just in time!
              Yes indeed.

Comment

Working...
              X