Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha P5000S amplifier WITH NO FAN NOISE! 500/700/1400 watts at 8/4 Ω / 8 Ω mono

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha P5000S amplifier WITH NO FAN NOISE! 500/700/1400 watts at 8/4 Ω / 8 Ω mono

Hello,

These are REALLY well made pro-audio amplifiers which have something special if the application is a quiet nightclub/acoustic music/home use - they are fan-assisted so the fans only come on when needed. For home use they'll basically never ever come on. Only selling as I found a P3500S which I feel better about because the P5000S was a bit too much power for my subs.

$377 + actual shipping; much prefer pickup in Los Angeles.

Yamaha page:
    https://usa.yamaha.com/products/proa...ies/index.html

Yamaha specifications:
    https://usa.yamaha.com/files/downloa..._datasheet.pdf

Specifications:

26 lbs.

500 watts RMS at 8 ohms per side
    700 watts RMS at 4 ohms per side
    therefore
    1400 watts RMS bridged mono at 8 ohms

Both binding post and Speakon connectors
    sweepable low-pass or high-pass filters for running a bi-amplified application from 25 Hz. to 150 Hz.

Great sub amp. I used one on a Dayton audio 15” mkII sub in a tuba box. Very fast and cool running amp

Comment

Happy April!

Got my P3500S little-brother up and running and very happy with it. P5000S needs a home!

Cheers,
      Tal

Comment

Any trades for it? And where’s the shipping from. Pretty heavy amp if I remember right

Comment

I'm in Los Angeles. Would rather not ship ... will give it a month or so, and then I'll entertain that possibility. Not looking for trades... trying to reduce the quantity of audio things, and trades don't help with that!

Amp is heavy, though it has a SMPS, so it's actually lighter (27 lbs. vs. 33) than it's little brother the P3500S.

Very happy with this series - it's funny that I used to own a Yamaha motorcycle which I was likewise happy with - what a company to make such a spread of products!

cheers,
          Tal

Comment

I had one and miss it for my subs Good sub amp and never gets hot when using for home setup. On a good build of a sub the Signal light will barely blink when it’s running at high output on a home theater system, from my experience when I had my p5000s and I was running it on a Dayton Audio 12 inch driver in a tube design box It was a great amp for this setup and fell in hard times and had to sell it. You’re only limited by your knowledge and persistence to expand your knowledge and to achieve what you want in getting the satisfaction that you made it

Comment

What’s your info. I may have someone that will buy your amp. Email me at [email protected] Thanks Carl You’re only limited by your knowledge and persistence to expand your knowledge and to achieve what you want in getting the satisfaction that you made it

Comment

What’s your info. I may have someone that will buy your amp. Email me at [email protected]

Thanks

Carl

Comment

Carl,

Sent, thanks!

Comment

Amplifier still available; happy May Day everyone!

-Tal

Comment

Originally posted by taloyd View Post
                      Carl, Sent, thanks!
                      Yes. Can I help you? Lol You’re only limited by your knowledge and persistence to expand your knowledge and to achieve what you want in getting the satisfaction that you made it

Comment

Happy June everybody! Amplifier still available in Los Angeles - ideal for DIY subwoofers, or mains if you seek unlimited dynamic range from the amplifier side. Cheers!

Comment

Too many amplifiers over here; July bump!

Comment

Sold locally (to a bassist from an amazing rock band)!

Comment

Working...
                            X