FS--One pair of DIY speakers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS--One pair of DIY speakers

I have for sale a pair of 4-way speakers I built in 2002/2003 that I took to my very first DIY event (in Sacramento, CA hosted by Mark Krawiec in 2003). The woofer is a 10-inch Peerless CSX 257 H loaded by a 2-fold, tapered TL. The lower midrange driver is a Vifa P13WH-00-08 mounted in a open-back tunnel filled with fiber. The upper midrange driver is an LPG50FA fabric dome, and the tweeter is a 19-mm aluminum-dome Seas 19TAF/D. A combo series/parallel crossover is used. The tweeter and dome upper midrange are in a series crossover with a corner frequency of ~4.8 kHz, and the lower midrange and woofer are in a series crossover with a corner frequency of ~300 Hz. The two series crossovers are then combined with a parallel crossover having a corner frequency of ~1.2 kHz. There is also a notch filter of 630 Hz ahead of the whole crossover. The tweeter and upper midrange are offset horizontally. The cabinet is just over 42 inches tall with a footprint that's 12-1/2 inches wide by 16-1/4 inches deep. There is no baffle step incorporated as I've been using these for my main TV where the two speaker cabinets are located in the corners of the room. While I hope someone will want them as is, I do realize others may want only some are all of the drivers. The original shipping cartons for the drivers are long gone and I'd be reluctant to box and ship individual drivers in fear of damage en route. Shipping the whole cabinets is out of the question due to their size and weight and potential damage in shipment. Anyone interested is welcome for a listening session in my home in Hilliard, OH. All reasonable offers will be considered; offers can be made here in the Classifieds, or in a private message to me that includes your email address.
    Thanks for looking,
    Paul
    Click image for larger version

Name:	TL4 front 1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	818.6 KB
ID:	1417314Click image for larger version

Name:	TL4 front 2.JPG
Size:	833.0 KB
ID:	1417315Click image for larger version

Name:	TL4 rear.JPG
Size:	498.4 KB
ID:	1417316

I don’t know about the LPG dome, but the rest of the drivers are very very good drivers. I would keep them and play with the crossovers. The nostalgia and low pressure to finish them would make them keepers for me. I just finished a KEF B110 and Scanspeak D2008/851200 LS3/5A Linn Kan type clone that sounds very nice. My first go around with KEF B139 B110 and T27 were a disaster. It nice to see that I actual learned to design speakers even if it took me 40 years.

Comment

Basically, Fred, I'm trying to move speakers no longer in use. Because my wife wanted something more attractive in our TV room, I swapped in my Cornettas for this pair of old speakers. I now have two pairs of speakers not being used, but one of them is my canTiLenas which I'm not likely to ever part with.
      Paul

Originally posted by fdieck View Post
      I don’t know about the LPG dome, but the rest of the drivers are very very good drivers. I would keep them and play with the crossovers. The nostalgia and low pressure to finish them would make them keepers for me. I just finished a KEF B110 and Scanspeak D2008/851200 LS3/5A Linn Kan type clone that sounds very nice. My first go around with KEF B139 B110 and T27 were a disaster. It nice to see that I actual learned to design speakers even if it took me 40 years.

Comment

Paul, what are you looking to get for these? And can you compare the SQ to your newer productions that I am more familiar with? Maybe my friend who lost his wife would be interested.

Comment

You have an email.
          Paul

Originally posted by skatz View Post
          Paul, what are you looking to get for these? And can you compare the SQ to your newer productions that I am more familiar with? Maybe my friend who lost his wife would be interested.

Comment

Paul

I sent a message to my friend Bill, we'll see if he shows any interest.

Comment

Working...
            X