BIG Passive Radiators for sale...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tomzarbo
    started a topic BIG Passive Radiators for sale...

BIG Passive Radiators for sale...

I think this is the last of the stuff I have to pass along. These are some large size Passive Radiators; all were tent sale finds.

Like the other two for sale threads, Make an offer that takes into consideration shipping costs. These are larger sized items as well, though not terribly heavy. I'll do my best to package them so they suffer no damage. They're pretty beefy anyway.

I had plans for these, but I just can't build things this big/heavy anymore. The two that appear to be 15" and 18" Dayton PR's are real 'Beauties' and look basically perfect to me from the front. They all flex quietly, seem physically sound to me, but I have not mounted them in an enclosure to really put them to the test.

Thanks for looking,

TomZ

Click image for larger version

Name:	Passive Radiator Info Sheet.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	648.6 KB
ID:	1417435

• tomzarbo
    replied
    Originally posted by bknights View Post
    location?
    Southern, NJ, Woodstown area... about 12 minutes from Exit 2 off of the NJ Turnpike.

TomZ

Leave a comment:

• bknights
    replied
    location?

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    I received it with one washer, one nut, and one approx. 1/16" thick foam gasket. The bolt is plastic, and approx. 1" wide.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AudioPulse PR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	1417735

TomZ

Leave a comment:

• Pav26
    replied
    No worries, it's just missing the gasket. Easily obtainable from various sources these days, but that is another way to go about sealing it - looks nice!

Do you have the washers/weights that would have come with it as new?

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    Thanks for the info link Pav,

Just to be clear... I can't be sure that what I have is that same model. It looks just like it, but mine doesn't have the black rubber 'trim ring' around the edge.
    I would personally recess this PR and then use PE's gasket tape: https://www.parts-express.com/parts-...-roll--260-542
    to cover the outer perimeter of the basket between the surround and outer basket frame, along with the mounting screws. I've done this before on a set of Titanic MK2 subs (Granite Titanics in the project showcase) and it worked perfectly.
    See this post for a peek at how I did it: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...anic-sub-build

TomZ

Leave a comment:

• Pav26
    replied
    The 15" AP PR had a listed Xmech of 40mm (one way). They will do ~50mm, but they won't at all be 'linear' at that level of stroke.

Full specs can be found here: http://web.archive.org/web/200801200...-radiators/vmp

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    What is the Xmech on that AP PR? Is it more than 3" p-p?
    Wolf
    I wouldn't be surprised if it were close to 3", It's got a double spider and isn't easy to flex so I can't really say for sure.
    'Tiz beefy for sure.

TomZ

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    What is the Xmech on that AP PR? Is it more than 3" p-p?
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    The Dayton 15 and 18" PR's are spoken for.

The Big blue 15" AudioPulse PR remains.

TomZ

Leave a comment:

Working...
X