Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joegtech
    replied
    "TheKorvers", thank you for the link to the specs. I see they are essentially supertweeters for boosting the top 1.5 octaves.

My pop still has his old carpentry workshop so I bet he'll help me to find a way to mount those. I agree about the mention of a rear-load situation. I have a design in mind.

A struggling inner city church could use them in their choir area. The choir members can't hear well because they don't have monitors. The acoustics are bad because they have an untreated area so I have to be careful about feedback at 2000hz in that area. They are getting too much lower mids bouncing around as expected. They'd benefit from more definition from 4k-10khz. Also the shape of the area is such that I could really use several tweeters to cover the area. Tweeters don't usually distribute those frequencies over a wide area.

I was going to use two used Moto tweeters that cover 4k and up but two won't cover the width of this area. They have no budget for this stuff especially after some of their PA gear was stolen and a teen who was running sound blew out the tweeters in the house speakers. They were lucky that I was rebuilding an old set of speakers at the time and had a set of 100w compression drivers sitting on my desk!

So I'd be grateful for at least a few of those units. I bet I'll find a use for a few more in the future in an area that is too wide for an existing set of tweeters.

Originally posted by DanP View Post

Not really. They're 6 ohms and I think they have an Fs around 4kHz, but I don't know much beyond that.

Leave a comment:

• shrub0
    replied
    Is there any voice coil mag test bench articles that are interesting from 2007-2010? I've found most of the 2010-2020 are online.

Leave a comment:

• thekorvers
    replied
    Originally posted by Joegtech View Post
    Dan, do you have any specs on the tweeters? I know a non-profit org that might benefit from some of them.

https://www.parts-express.com/200-on...-cus--269-810#!

Leave a comment:

• DanP
    replied
    Originally posted by Joegtech View Post
    Dan, do you have any specs on the tweeters? I know a non-profit org that might benefit from some of them.

Not really. They're 6 ohms and I think they have an Fs around 4kHz, but I don't know much beyond that.

Leave a comment:

• Joegtech
    replied

Originally posted by DanP View Post
    UPDATE: Everything here has been spoken for except the tweeters

Trying to clear out some space. Giving away the following items for the cost of shipping from 48335. I won't estimate shipping though - just tell me what you want, I'll ship it to you and let you know what you owe for shipping. I'll have some stuff for sale in a different post shortly that could be shipped together with this stuff too.
    4) About 100 mylar 1/2" automotive tweeters I was going to use for a line array as pictured

Help me save some decent stuff from the landfill!

Leave a comment:

• carlthess40
    replied
    Just a update I got all the drivers, great packing . Thanks a lot for all of these. Soon I’ll run the numbers on what type of boxes these will work in I have two of the Dayton 10” round waveguide lenses with some nice drivers for them Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• DanP
    replied
    Originally posted by carlthess40 View Post
    The GW-8028 and 208 drivers Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sounds good. PM me your shipping address and I'll ship them out and let you know what the cost was for the 4 drivers. If you want the 408Ds too, let me know.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• carlthess40
    replied
    The GW-8028 and 208 drivers Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• DanP
    replied
    Originally posted by carlthess40 View Post
    I’d like the woofers I’m in Florida My zip code is 32725 Please let me know Thanks Carl Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Which ones?

Leave a comment:

• carlthess40
    replied
    I’d like the woofers I’m in Florida My zip code is 32725 Please let me know Thanks Carl Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• DanP
    started a topic Some Free Stuff

Some Free Stuff

UPDATE: Everything here has been spoken for except the tweeters

Trying to clear out some space. Giving away the following items for the cost of shipping from 48335. I won't estimate shipping though - just tell me what you want, I'll ship it to you and let you know what you owe for shipping. I'll have some stuff for sale in a different post shortly that could be shipped together with this stuff too.
    1) Dayton DA135-8 single driver in good condition (not pictured)
    2) 80+ Voice Coil magazines from 2007 - 2015 I believe (not pictured)
    3) 3 pair of Goldwood 8" drivers in good condition as pictured.
    4) About 100 mylar 1/2" automotive tweeters I was going to use for a line array as pictured
    5) 12 x 8" woofers (6 new, 6 used, all in good shape) - paper cone, foam surround, high qts - 2 of the 12 pictured

Help me save some decent stuff from the landfill!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DanP; 01-12-2020, 11:04 PM.
Working...
X