Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: ScanSpeak D2905/9300 or 9500 tweeters

Hi Folks,

I am looking to buy a pair of scanspeak d2905/9300 or 9500 tweeters. I need to replace a pair from a set of speakers that I'd built for a relative a long time ago. They apparently suffered a catastrophic failure due to an amp that failed. I do realize that they are available new (or can probably be rebuilt) but am just looking to save a few bucks and get them up and running with minimal effort. thank you!

Would you be interested in an upgrade to some 6600 tweeters
    craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Originally posted by craigk View Post
      Would you be interested in an upgrade to some 6600 tweeters
      As a fun exercise yes... but realistically, I would prefer to hew as close as possible to the original design (which was for the 9300) without having to change up the xover or cut the baffle assuming the face plate is different. The 9500, I think, is similar enough that i could probably drop it in without any crossover changes.

Comment

The face plates are the same, but I understand where you are coming from. But the 9300 and 9500 are not interchangeable without a crossover change.
        craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Originally posted by craigk View Post
          The face plates are the same, but I understand where you are coming from. But the 9300 and 9500 are not interchangeable without a crossover change.
          Oh is that right? I was under the impression that the changes were very slight. In that case, I would prefer to stick with the 9300. I might decide to rebuild mine if I can't track down a pair on the secondary market. Thank you for the heads up about the 9500.

Comment

Originally posted by stook1 View Post

Oh is that right? I was under the impression that the changes were very slight. In that case, I would prefer to stick with the 9300. I might decide to rebuild mine if I can't track down a pair on the secondary market. Thank you for the heads up about the 9500.
            I actually prefer the 9300 over the 9500. Meniscus audio can replace the voice coils and dome. Or you can buy the pac from them.
            Last edited by craigk; 04-09-2020, 01:57 AM.
            craigk

Comment

thank you!

Comment

Working...
              X