New Old Stock Speaker Cabinets - High End Manufacturer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Old Stock Speaker Cabinets - High End Manufacturer

I have come into a large supply of extremely well-built, finished, unloaded LCR speaker cabinets. If you have been looking at the recent tweeter/mid/woofer buy-outs on P-E from Aerial Acoustics, you may want to take a look at these cabinets. There are two styles. The longer style was designed for horizontal placement above or below an LCD or projector screen. The shorter style has the T/M in a vertical alignment.

These cabinets were part of a home theater project called the "System 2" which was discontinued. (The larger and more expensive System 1 is still being made to order by Aerial)

Cabinets are CNC machined and professionally finished in satin black. Recessed threaded inserts are placed around the cabinets to allow for wall/gantry mounting in a home theater setup. They are pre-cut for a specific driver, but could be modified as needed. If you do decide to use the overstock Aerial drivers from PE, I can possibly help with crossover design as well.

Selling these cabinets for a fraction of what it would cost to build them new. Shipping from Lawrence, MA is on the buyer. Payment can be made through Cash, Venmo, PayPal and/or credit card transaction.

L/R Cabinet Style with grills : $100 each
    Center Cabinet Style with grills : $120 each

L/C/R Combo Platter with grills : $250/set of three cabinets

Click image for larger version  Name:	49987976312_fc285d0e47_b.jpg Views:	1 Size:	121.8 KB ID:	1443098

Click image for larger version  Name:	49987728866_60be22faeb_b.jpg Views:	1 Size:	133.9 KB ID:	1443099

Click image for larger version  Name:	49987728851_eff344b38d_b.jpg Views:	1 Size:	127.7 KB ID:	1443100

Click image for larger version  Name:	49987216133_e0c31d455d_b.jpg Views:	1 Size:	96.0 KB ID:	1443101

Click image for larger version  Name:	49987976352_92daf9856f_b.jpg Views:	1 Size:	102.6 KB ID:	1443102

Click image for larger version

Name:	49987976342_bca935f2cd_b.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	1443104

Click image for larger version

Name:	49987976322_850a7e84ee_b.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	1443105

Comment

(even though I'm not in the market) I'd think a potential buyer might want to know dims, internal vol. (and how that space is partitioned), wall thickness/material, are those 3 small holes for ports (if so, are they "in" there?), were these designed for specific drivers, through-hole dims, and flush-mount frame sizes (which one could get off the drivers if we knew what they were designed for), and weight. No extra bracing (besides internal partitions), and any lining/stuffing included? The tweet & mid frames look VERY specific - being truncated.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
        (even though I'm not in the market) I'd think a potential buyer might want to know dims, internal vol. (and how that space is partitioned), wall thickness/material, are those 3 small holes for ports (if so, are they "in" there?), were these designed for specific drivers, through-hole dims, and flush-mount frame sizes (which one could get off the drivers if we knew what they were designed for), and weight. No extra bracing (besides internal partitions), and any lining/stuffing included? The tweet & mid frames look VERY specific - being truncated.

I can provide some of this information. Buyer can be as creative as they want to be. I'll update with more details once I have them ready to post. Drivers can easily become truncated with careful use of a bandsaw, which is what Aerial was doing. As mentioned in the post, Aerial drivers are being sold by PE in the "Buy Out" section. 7-8" Scanspeak woofers, MB quart 1" dome tweeters, Scanspeak mids.

The three small holes are for L Pads. They can be used, or blocked. I would not recommend them as ports.

Mids are isolated in their own sub-chamber. Dual-woofers share the larger air volume.

https://www.parts-express.com/mb-qua...6-ohm--279-466

https://www.parts-express.com/scan-s...4-ohm--299-716

https://www.parts-express.com/scansp...8-ohm--299-725

What is included is what's in the photos + finished grill frames. No drivers, no crossovers, no fill, no terminal cups, no wiring, no hardware.

This is a DIY starter for folks who want to get creative, want expertly crafted cabinets, but don't have the experience or tools to build.

See photo of finished example.

Comment

FYI, the cabinet sizes and volumes are below:

Mid/Tw sub-enclosure = 2.06 liters (same on both enclosure types)

Center Channel (larger box) = 17.03 liters (net of midrange enclosure)
          External Dims = 38.5 x 8.5 x 6 inches
          Internal Dims = 37 x 7 x 4.5 inches

L/R Channels (smaller boxes) = 13.55 liters (net of midrange enclosure)
          External Dims = 31.75 x 8.5 x 6 inches
          Internal Dims = 30.25 x 7 x 4.5 inches

So, if you decided to use the midrange sub-enclosure's volume as part of the main cabinet, you could poke holes in it and add back the 2.06 liters of volume.
          The midrange enclosure acts as part of the cabinet bracing in both options.

Comment

Working...
          X