X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: ($230) pair Scan Speak 15S/8530K01 Revelator Woofers

*****SOLD***** to CaptainScarlett

PRICE REDUCTION
    : $200 for the pair shipped to your door in CONUS (PayPal)

Used. These are discontinued with lack of need for magnetic shields nowadays, but are awesome 2way performers! I have 6 other 15Ws in use... Trying to clean out the closet to make room for other projects. They measure 5.8/5.9 ohms DCR on my DMM. Spec sheet here (https://www.scan-speak.dk/datasheet/...5s-8530k01.pdf)
    Modeling per spec sheet:
    Vented: 0.8 cu.ft. (QB3 alignment), tuned to 32 Hz, f3: 32 Hz (yes, seriously!) 2" dia port, 8.75" long
    Sealed: 0.4 cu.ft sealed Qtc: .7 f3: 60 Hz
    Last edited by scottq; 01-30-2021, 06:07 PM.
    SEC DIY 2014 Speaker Show is on! *November 8th*
    Wanna win a set of Newform Research R30 ribbons?!?!
    SEC DIY 2014 Thread

SEC DIY 2012 Speaker Show
    SEC DIY 2011 Speaker Show

Post-Christmas bump and price reduction
    SEC DIY 2014 Thread

Comment

Have these been repaired in any way? In the upper picture there is a shiney region on the surround on the left side of the speaker on the right. It looks like a thin opaque smeared layer of adhesive. Is that a repaired cut/puncture in the surround?
      "Our Nation’s interests are best served by fostering a peaceful global system comprised
      of interdependent networks of trade, finance, information, law, people and governance."
      - from the October 2007 U.S. Naval capstone doctrine
      A Cooperative Strategy for 21st Century Seapower
      (a lofty notion since removed in the March 2015 revision)

Comment

Originally posted by JRT View Post
        Have these been repaired in any way? In the upper picture there is a shiney region on the surround on the left side of the speaker on the right. It looks like a thin opaque smeared layer of adhesive. Is that a repaired cut/puncture in the surround?
        Hi JRT,

Sorry, I didn't receive a notification - not ignoring you! They have NOT been repaired. It's simply an illusion and way light was reflecting off dust/debris (not exactly sure what it was). I just went down to double check both drivers and successfully wiped it off my my finger. I should have cleaned them off for the pictures, sorry...

BR,
        Scott
        SEC DIY 2014 Thread

Comment

I have six in inventory, which I thought were 15S/8530K01, so I was tempted to increase that to eight units for some design experiments. But in checking what I have, what I found was an error in my recollection. What I have are six 15S/8531K01, which are similar, but not quite similar enough for what I had in mind. I have plenty of other drivers to use, so it isn't a problem.

https://www.scan-speak.dk/datasheet/...5s-8530k01.pdf

https://www.scan-speak.dk/datasheet/...5s-8531k01.pdf
          "Our Nation’s interests are best served by fostering a peaceful global system comprised
          of interdependent networks of trade, finance, information, law, people and governance."
          - from the October 2007 U.S. Naval capstone doctrine
          A Cooperative Strategy for 21st Century Seapower
          (a lofty notion since removed in the March 2015 revision)

Comment

I believe the only difference in those two is that the 8530 uses the coated cone vs uncoated in the 8531. Other than that, I think their identical. The moving mass slight increase seems to correlate with that. If using in a combined speaker though, I totally get it - would want the same cone (this was just a discussion/reference for others). I am curious what you were thinking of for an experiment
            SEC DIY 2014 Thread

Comment

Working...
            X