WTB: Canton tweeters belonging to CT-2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: Canton tweeters belonging to CT-2000

Hello, all, I know this is a long shot. I was hoping maybe someone had a pair of Canton tweeters in their inventory that are used in the CT-2000, the Karat 60, and a few other models I can’t think of at the moment. It’s an aluminum dome with a lens over the top of it, similar to what Zaph did when he had his tweeters made. My father bought a pair of CT-2000s off of the internet and didn’t notice that not only were the tweeters not original, but they were nowhere near matching lol. Hoping to correct them for him. Thank you all. Have a wonderful 2021 everyone.

Dan

Originally posted by saabracer23 View Post
    I was hoping maybe someone had a pair of Canton tweeters in their inventory that are used in the CT-2000, the Karat 60, and a few other models I can’t think of at the moment. It’s an aluminum dome with a lens over the top of it, similar to what Zaph did when he had his tweeters made. My father bought a pair of CT-2000s off of the internet and didn’t notice that not only were the tweeters not original, but they were nowhere near matching lol. Hoping to correct them for him.
    A cursory Google web-search finds that those loudspeakers more usually burn up a midrange, and so you might look for a pair of those with functioning tweeters but otherwise in need of some major repair, and then scavenge the tweeters.
    "Our Nation’s interests are best served by fostering a peaceful global system comprised
    of interdependent networks of trade, finance, information, law, people and governance."
    - from the October 2007 U.S. Naval capstone doctrine
    A Cooperative Strategy for 21st Century Seapower
    (a lofty notion since removed in the March 2015 revision)

Comment

Originally posted by JRT View Post

A cursory Google web-search finds that those loudspeakers more usually burn up a midrange, and so you might look for a pair of those with functioning tweeters but otherwise in need of some major repair, and then scavenge the tweeters.
      That is certainly an option and one I’ve been utilizing. My father happened to find a pair with all good drivers except the wrong tweeters.

He found someone with a pair of the original tweeters, but he wants $300 plus shipping for them. I’d say they’d be equivalent to what you can pick up for $50-$60 a pair nowadays. Seems a bit steep, but what are you gonna do? For that money I’d rather throw in a pair of Satori TW29RNs.

Anyways, thank you for the suggestion.

Dan

Comment

Working...
      X