Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTB: Looking for a JBL 1500 Sub. A woofer sold by PE and used in the 1500 Array BG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: Looking for a JBL 1500 Sub. A woofer sold by PE and used in the 1500 Array BG

Hello all I currently have and am looking for a second (third and fourth) JBL 1500 sub. This is a large 15” woofer, 4” coil, and the traditional JBL frame and motor, but with a larger back plate. If you have one or some please do let me know. Thanks!

Dan

That will be tough to find. Jeff looked for a long time...
    Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
    https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Bump, still looking. Had someone come to me saying they had one, but they seemed to have changed their mind maybe, I don’t know. If someone has one let me know.

Dan

Comment

The spec sheet (pdf attsched below) mentions that, "The JBL 1500 Array powered subwoofer combines extremely high power output with unsurpassed low-frequency definition and extension to offer the ultimate bass performance in a multichannel Project Array system. The Sub Array employs a high-efficiency 1500Fe 380mm (15") Aquaplas-treated pulp-cone woofer, featuring a copper edge-wound voice coil in a massive 100mm (4") ferrite-magnet assembly, along with JBL’s exclusive Symmetrical Field GeometryTM circuit for significantly reduced distortion and additional refinements."

Here is some sourcing information on the JBL1500FE woofer,
        pn 338975-001
        sourced from Nexus Manufacturing in 2005

Click image for larger version  Name:	attachment.php?attachmentid=57267&stc=1&d=1350661516.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.0 KB ID:	1466229
        Attached Files
        "Our Nation’s interests are best served by fostering a peaceful global system comprised
        of interdependent networks of trade, finance, information, law, people and governance."
        - from the October 2007 U.S. Naval capstone doctrine
        A Cooperative Strategy for 21st Century Seapower
        (a lofty notion since removed in the March 2015 revision)

Comment

This woofer is one that I think anyone in the know would love to own.

It's used in Greg Timbers personal system IIRC.

They're amazing drivers and wish I was on the scene when they were more abundant. You can try the Lansing Heritage forum, but presume anyone who has one isn't looking to offload it in a hurry.

Good luck in your search... If you find too many, let me know LOL

Comment

Working...
          X