Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Focal "Aria 7"; or just the drivers

Guys,

I've been dragging a pair of Focal "Aria 7's" around for several years. These are D'Appolito designed towers with two 7" mid-bass and a 1" tweeter.

Focal drivers included:
    (4) 7K011/DBL
    (2) T120K inverted dome tweeters

The "K" stands for Kevlar. The second voice coil on the 7" mid-bass drivers is used for baffle step correction.

Too big to use in my house. I'd be willing to sell the whole units or part out. Shipping the cabinets is probably cost prohibitive.

Currently gauging interest. I have hardcopies of frequency response/impedance measurements for these drivers too.

Thanks,

BarryV

Re: Focal "Aria 7"; or just the drivers

Originally posted by BarryV View Post
    Guys,

I've been dragging a pair of Focal "Aria 7's" around for several years. These are D'Appolito designed towers with two 7" mid-bass and a 1" tweeter.

Focal drivers included:
    (4) 7K011/DBL

The "K" stands for Kevlar. The second voice coil on the 7" mid-bass drivers is used for baffle step correction.

Too big to use in my house. I'd be willing to sell the whole units or part out. Shipping the cabinets is probably cost prohibitive.

Currently gauging interest. I have hardcopies of frequency response/impedance measurements for these drivers too.

Thanks,

BarryV
    I would have an interest in the 7K011/DBL's. What would you want for 4 of them. How much to ship? My zip code is 07731 Howell NJ.

Comment

Originally posted by philiparcario View Post
      I would have an interest in the 7K011/DBL's. What would you want for 4 of them. How much to ship? My zip code is 07731 Howell NJ.
      That was a quick response! $80 each was the new price ... 20 years ago though.

Estimating weight at 2.5 lbs each, that's ~10 lbs total. Shipping 12 lbs from 97333 to 07731 is ~$21 using FedEx ground.

I honestly don't even know where to begin on price. Your interest is noted, and if I do sell them you get first dibs, so to speak. I would like to see if I can ship all of the drivers to someone first, or at least have some interest in the tweeters before parting out.

Thanks for your interest.

BarryV

Comment

If need be I'll take the tweeters just to get the woofers but if someone wants the tweeter's I will just take the woofers. here is why see attached.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BarryV View Post
          Guys,

Focal drivers included:
          (4) 7K011/DBL

Thanks,

BarryV
          Barry, I built the Aria 7s as well. Do you happen to have the crossover diagram? They were on the cover of Speaker Builder years ago but I lost my copy. Thanks

Comment

I do have the crossover diagram. If you don't see it posted by tomorrow afternoon please shoot me a PM and I'll get it for you.

Its not a hassle at all, I'm just busy with kid stuff right now.

BarryV

Comment

Originally posted by dwigle View Post
              Barry, I built the Aria 7s as well. Do you happen to have the crossover diagram? They were on the cover of Speaker Builder years ago but I lost my copy. Thanks
              Here's a jpg scan of the crossover that mine has. Hope this is what you were looking for! If you can't read the number, let me know.

BarryV
              Attached Files

Comment

That's the one. Thanks Barry

Comment

hello, were these drivers ever picked up???
                  wlmeyer

Comment

Originally posted by wmeyer View Post
                    hello, were these drivers ever picked up???
                    That was 7 years ago. But if you are looking for focal drivers pm me. I have some of the 7's I am pretty sure and have the matching 10's.
                    craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Working...
                    X