Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Black Walnut Planar Ribbon Line Arrays & Center Channel w/DSP & Amplifer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Walnut Planar Ribbon Line Arrays & Center Channel w/DSP & Amplifer

For sale are my first set of home theater front stage speakers. After much research, and consideration of how my living room is arranged, I decided on a pair of tall thin line arrays for the left and right cabinets with a MTM style center channel cabinet designed to set on top of my single subwoofer. The line arrays are based on the SLS LS6593 cabinet design with a few tips taken from Rick Craig. The cabinets are made from old growth black walnut that was milled in 1948 by American Drew in Wilkesboro, NC. The cabinets were assembled with no externally visible fasteners using precision hardwood biscuits and polyurethane glue. They were finished with 18 layers of hand rubbed teak oil varnish. They are sealed cabinets, lined with bituminous tar paper bonded to the internal surfaces and stuffed with fiberglass fill. The cabinets are solid and do an excellent job of damping internal resonances. Each array cabinet contains (4) EMT AS-6W 6.5" midwoofers (80Hz-2.4kHz) and (5) Dayton Pt2c Planar ribbon tweeters (2.4kHz-20kHz). The center channel cabinet contains (2) Peerless 830341 5" midwoofers (100Hz-2.5kHz) and (1) Peerless 811830 soft dome tweeter (2.5kHz-20kHz). The cabinets are intended to be actively biamped therefore no internal crossovers exists. The electronic crossovers is (1) Behringer DCX2496 3x6 channel DSP processors. I modified the Rane MA6S amplifier by upgrading the first input stage opamp, reducing the noise floor by 15dB. I used Smaart audio measurement software to time align the drivers and use parametric EQ resulting in a virtually flat response from 80Hz-20kHz. No shipping on these, but I'm willing to drive a few hundred miles from 28625 to meet you halfway. Asking price is $1925.

Line Arrays
    (4) EMT AS-6W 6.5" midwoofers (80Hz-2.4kHz)
    (5) Dayton Pt2c Planar ribbon tweeters (2.4kHz-20kHz)

Center Channel
    (2) Peerless 830341 5" midwoofers (100Hz-2.5kHz)
    (1) Peerless 811830 soft dome tweeter (2.5kHz-20kHz).

Amplifier
    (1) Rane MA6S 6 ch, [email protected], [email protected]

DSP
    (1) Behringer DCX2496 3x6 ch DSP processor

Attached Files
    Last edited by flyingeyepro; 09-30-2014, 08:33 AM. Reason: Price lowered

Re: Black Walnut Planar Ribbon Line Arrays & Center Channel w/DSP & Amplifer

bump with more pictures

Click image for larger version

Name:	Spring 2013 after shanghai 027 (Large).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	407.2 KB
ID:	1149732

Name:	Spring 2013 after shanghai 032 (Large).JPG
Size:	364.3 KB
ID:	1149733

Name:	Summer 2012 033 (Large).JPG
Size:	350.5 KB
ID:	1149734

Name:	Winter 2012 184 (Large).JPG
Size:	354.4 KB
ID:	1149735

Name:	Winter 2012 186 (Large).JPG
Size:	288.4 KB
ID:	1149736

Comment

Bump with lower price. $1925 delivered within 250 miles.
      Last edited by flyingeyepro; 09-30-2014, 08:34 AM.

Comment

nudgle

Comment

specs updated, pictures added.

and price lowered...

Comment

Interconnects included

Comment

Xmas is around the corner

Comment

Working...
              X