Prototype Preamp for sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prototype Preamp for sale

Hey guys, I have a couple of prototype preamps that feature tube outputs using the E88CC dual triode tube, one on each channel.

The casework is really nice, comes with working remote control, and enough room inside to add a 250W class D Audio amplifier and power supply. Could be easily modified to accept the additional circuitry and there's enough room on the back panel to add a couple sets of quality binding posts.

The preamp is fully functional as is and was to be sold for $1800 retail. They'd make a great project box for converting to an integrated amp or simply used as a functioning preamp with remote control.

It has two outputs, 4 inputs, all single ended.

Asking $800 each.

Attached Files
    R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
    Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
    "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Re: Prototype Preamp for sale

Wow, that is a beautiful unit. I'm not in the market for a 2 channel preamp at the moment but best of luck with the sale!

Comment

Oh jeez... physical dimensions? Do you have a pic of the remote? ...and were those boards made to spec or sourced from available prefabs (I can't keep up with what's available from who anymore)?

Am I correct to assume the tubes have a fairly long life span in this application?

That is a nice looking piece of gear.
      Thanks,
      Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by aarond View Post
        Oh jeez... physical dimensions? Do you have a pic of the remote? ...and were those boards made to spec or sourced from available prefabs (I can't keep up with what's available from who anymore)?

Am I correct to assume the tubes have a fairly long life span in this application?

That is a nice looking piece of gear.
        Hi Aaron,

The blue preamp board was made to spec by the OEM. But the power supply and Class D amp were sourced from ClassDAudio.com I could even include them for a bump in the price.

In this application, yes, those tubes should last years. Best part is that there are plenty of sources for different versions of that tube so you can do all the tube rolling you care to.

Dimensions (W x D x H) : 430 mm x 300 mm x 120 mm
        Black Anodized Aluminum chassis.

Here's the remote.

Attached Files
        R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
        Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

"Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Oh goodness even the remote is attractive. Must.... avert.... eyes....

Comment

Originally posted by Adam_G View Post
            Oh goodness even the remote is attractive. Must.... avert.... eyes....
            It's a big chunk of milled aluminum . . . very nice remote housing.

Comment

Working...
            X