Newbie Problem with OmniMicv2 - Fresh Install, Fresh XP Install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Problem with OmniMicv2 - Fresh Install, Fresh XP Install

Hi - I just did a fresh install on my PC, Windows XP Professional SP3 Full Version, 32-bit. I use this machine for LEAP, DATS, and now OmniMic. However, after install, I get the following error:

"OmniMic has encountered a problem and needs to close" The dialogue box then wants me to send a report to Microsoft for debugging (which we all know won't happen since XP is no longer supported.)

I have tried both the CD install to OmniMic as well as the most recent download available on the Dayton Audio site. Neither works.

The whole program is bricked at this point. Can anyone help ?

Re: Newbie Problem with OmniMicv2 - Fresh Install, Fresh XP Install

anyone?

Comment

Be patient, Perhaps Bill will show up.
      " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
      Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
      http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

I guess i am not that patient. I downloaded REW and the mic is working great. Dayton really should improve their software and become Mac compatible.

Comment

Originally posted by baco99 View Post
          I guess i am not that patient. I downloaded REW and the mic is working great. Dayton really should improve their software and become Mac compatible.
          Its not Mac compatible? Wow, thats unfortunate.

Are you using the .exe for 32-bit? I know its a silly question, and may not be any different with V2 (I use 1.0.2). Try dow loading the 1.0.2 version and see if it will work, and that could at least give you a starting point.

Comment

It should work!
            I have run Omnimic successfully in a Windows XP virtual machine (Oracle Virtualbox) on a Linux Ubuntu host.

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
            "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
            SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
            My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

Originally posted by dustinbagby View Post
              Its not Mac compatible? Wow, thats unfortunate.

Are you using the .exe for 32-bit? I know its a silly question, and may not be any different with V2 (I use 1.0.2). Try dow loading the 1.0.2 version and see if it will work, and that could at least give you a starting point.

I will try this. For the record, I am not using the Omnimic software on a Mac. It's on a Dell running XP. I didn't know that v2 was a 64-bit program. I am running 32-bit on the PC.

REW *is* running on my Mac, native, not using a partition or Bootcamp, and it works great. And it's free. And it's way easy to use.

I may just return this whole thing, buy back DATS, and get a Mic on Amazon. and save about $250.

Comment

Originally posted by baco99 View Post
                I will try this. For the record, I am not using the Omnimic software on a Mac. It's on a Dell running XP. I didn't know that v2 was a 64-bit program. I am running 32-bit on the PC.

REW *is* running on my Mac, native, not using a partition or Bootcamp, and it works great. And it's free. And it's way easy to use.

I may just return this whole thing, buy back DATS, and get a Mic on Amazon. and save about $250.
                I dont know that it is a 64-bit program, but it may be worth looking into.

Comment

Working...
                X