Sub frequencies on stag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub frequencies on stag

We are having the common problem of sub frequencies (especially around 60 hz) becoming over whelming. The bass guitar is rolled off at 55 hz and that helps but the sound guy wants more bass. Would a small sub wired out of phase on stage help without interfering with the sound on the floor?

tomdaugherty

The right sub placement can fix the problem, putting them where there will be a boundary reflection sourced null on the stage but not in the audience. That said, I'd be wary of sound guys who want more lows. Too much bottom end is the #1 complaint, usually the fault of sound men who have no idea what the electric bass is supposed to sound like.
    www.billfitzmaurice.com
    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

The sound engineers are more than willing to get a good mix while trying to control stage boom. Sub placement could be an option because there is talk about getting a new system. We have tried different eq settings for the bass guitar that have helped and high passing at 55hz. The problem frequency is 60hz.

tomdaugherty

Comment

Tom: The details are missing in this scenario; have you tried an aux feed sub setup?
        "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
        "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Sydney, I'll see if we have time during practice Saturday morning.

tomdaugherty

Comment

Have you tried moving the bass player ( changing the relationship between his speakers and the room ).?
            What sort of bass stage rig is being used?
            Is there bleed from the bass into open mics?
            "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
            "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

I talked to the worship team leader about your suggestions and he want to wait until we have a new system installed. That way we can address the other issues at the same time. From my understanding they are replacing all speakers, amps, and getting IEM's. Thanks for the help.

tomdaugherty

Comment

Working...
              X