18" dual subwoofers plans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18" dual subwoofers plans

I am looking for any massive subwoofers plans. Like nextpro or LA acoustic Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

If you mean something like a SB218: That is a straight up Bass Reflex: 1300 mm x 550 mm x 700 mm (51.2" x 21.7" x 27.6") 106 kg (233 lbs).
    It would be easy to construct - though I don't know of any direct copies; however a Google Image search on Dual 18 did bring up some DIY efforts.
    "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
    "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

http://www.eighteensound.com/Portals...woofer_kit.pdf

Comment

I'm no expert, but this guy is, you might want to take a look at this: http://www.billfitzmaurice.com/ Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

​That actually looks like a pretty decent design. The dual vent is well-dimensioned to avoid compression effects, and it's acting as bracing for the baffle and side panels. There's no bracing in there for the rear panel however, which might be an issue. If I was going to use this design, I'd extend that center piece in the vent all the way back to the rear panel, and put another rectangular brace along the rear panel at right angles to it. This wouldn't change the tuning significantly, but should significantly reduce any undesirable panel flex.
          Brian Steele
          www.diysubwoofers.org

Comment

What would be the main purpose of these subwoofers if I may ask?

Comment

That is a BIG cab; and probably weighs close to 250lbs, curious about how it will be transported.
              My guess this in not for the purposes as something like an L-Acoustics SB28.
              To the credit of L-Acoustic they include realistic specs with driver power compression figured in.
              Last edited by Sydney; 07-03-2017, 09:20 AM.
              "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

I would agree with Sydney's comment and suggestion.

Comment

What about instead of getting a dual sub just get a DVC?

Comment

Here's a link about the comparison of DVC and SVC.
                    The voice coil in a subwoofer is a coil of wire wrapped around a cylinder called the former. A dual voice coil is different from a single voice coil only in that it is wrapped twice.

Comment

Originally posted by fullfire View Post
                      What would be the main purpose of these subwoofers if I may ask?
                      I wondered that as well; the big picture so to speak

Comment

Originally posted by fullfire View Post
                        What about instead of getting a dual sub just get a DVC?
                        DVC is seldom used in pro-sound drivers, so seldom that I'm not aware of any. JBL has some drivers that have two coils, for instance the 2258 and 2269, but they're not made in the same way that DVC drivers are. DVC uses two coils co-located, JBL dual coils are on the same former but separated, used in their dual differential arrangement.
                        http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...id=48943&d...
                        www.billfitzmaurice.com
                        www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

You have a good point billfitzmaurice

Comment

By the way, if you will be using a DVC subwoofer, make sure to get the appropriate sub box within its manufactures recommendation.

Comment

Working...
                            X