Microphone to mixer/amp hookup HELP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microphone to mixer/amp hookup HELP!

I'm trying to hookup 2 ceiling mics, each with 3 XLR connections. They are being hooked up to a Bogen GS60D mixer/amp that has only 4 XLR connections. How is this done? Do I wire the microphone as 1 XLR instead of 3?

Provide a link to the mics, I can't see why a mic would have three connections.
    www.billfitzmaurice.com
    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
      Provide a link to the mics, I can't see why a mic would have three connections.
      Here is a link to the microphone.

Http://clearone.com/products_ceiling_microphone_array

I'm kind of thinking there is no need to have the cord break out into 3 XLR connections.
      Last edited by tanda4; 04-19-2017, 07:04 PM. Reason: Edited lonk

Comment

It appears that you purchased ceiling microphone arrays, which contain 3 microphone elements. They are intended to be used with their own proprietary mixers that have DSP algorithms to enhance the use of their microphone arrays. You can most likely hook up just one of the XLR connectors that corresponds to the center microphone. You will also need to turn on the phantom power for each channel.

Comment

Unfortunately I didn't pick them, but that makes sense. Thanks for your help.

Comment

If you have plans of selling them. Please pm me. Sorry for the OT.

Comment

tanda4, I hope you could share some insight about the product once you tested it.

Comment

from skimming this:
                http://clearone.com/uploads/resource...nst_Manual.pdf
                I'm left with the impression that this product was designed to work with their mixers.
                "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
                "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

We use Audix M3's (they look to be similar) to ensure coverage for UC spaces. Typically, we'll use a BiAmp DSP to handle the processing/AEC. Based on what I see here, I think you could use these with a third party DSP if you had to.

Comment

Working...
                  X