Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sydney
    replied
    Unfortunately I can give specific hands road report on the other options mentioned.
    'veI had my hands on other digital boards ( larger Yamaha models ) but not those.
    ( There are some operational aspects that I found less than ideal. )

Leave a comment:

• STIchris722
    replied
    Originally posted by Sydney View Post
    Let them look; Capability and results matter.
    Analog is certainly not obsolete. Contract Riders still list certain Analog Boards as acceptable. I know providers using large analog boards.
    Anyway...
    Pragmatically speaking; experience with their product line would preclude considering option 1.
    Sydney -- I hope I wasn't demonstrating myself as someone who is heavily influenced by others opinions; that was not my intention. There must be some merit to analog stuff because recording studios still use it and it still costs more than digital most of the time until you get into the very high end stuff. That Ashly 508 board I'm running costs twice as much as an X32 rack!

Leave a comment:

• Sydney
    replied
    Currently I am running an Ashly MX508 and absolutely love it, but when I do my demos people give weird looks as analog has become a thing of the past for some reason.
    Let them look; Capability and results matter.
    Analog is certainly not obsolete. Contract Riders still list certain Analog Boards as acceptable. I know providers using large analog boards.
    Anyway...
    Pragmatically speaking; experience with their product line would preclude considering option 1.

Leave a comment:

• STIchris722
    started a topic Digital Mixing Consoles -- Suggestions?

Digital Mixing Consoles -- Suggestions?

Right now I am in the market for a digital rack mount mixer for my FOH needs on my portable PA.

I have narrowed it down to the following:
    1. Behringer X32 rack (buying anything Behringer makes me cringe, but I'm told their midas preamps and digital boards are solid)
    2. Ashly DigiMix 18
    3. Allen & Heath QU16
    4. Presonus Studiolive version something (I am not sure if these are even rack mountable)

Currently I am running an Ashly MX508 and absolutely love it, but when I do my demos people give weird looks as analog has become a thing of the past for some reason. I'm not trying to sound stubborn or old fashioned as I definitely see both sides to the discussion. My thing is that I haven't heard any digital boards (that I know of) and analog has always had a true representation of sound with very little latency. I have a lot of experience with the Ashly products as well as the the gen 2 and 3 A&H Mix Wizard boards. They are great to work with, have zero cross talk, and I love the analog sound.
Working...
X