Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10,000 square feet gym: which amp and speakers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10,000 square feet gym: which amp and speakers?

A close friend of mine is going to start a gym in a big warehouse that is 160 x 65 feet (around 10,000 square feet) and that has an height of 13 feet.

You can imagine it as a big box of 160 x 65 x 13 feet. There are no walls or columns inside, it's totally empty.

He needs:
    - Just decent power to broadcast the music around the gym.
    - Possibility to connect the amps to the gym wi-fi, in order to stream over wi-fi the music from an iPad
    - Support for DAB+ (by 2020 all radio will broadcast in DAB+ in my country)

We are trying to understand which amps and speakers to buy, in order to not to spend more than 3000 USD. The speakers should be wall mounted at around 9-10 feet, or even higher ideally.

Do you have any suggestion or amps and speakers models we could look at? I have seen a thread from 2011 on the forum, but there is no suggestion on which amps to use and the speakers are to be installed on the ceiling, and we can't do this.

From some replies I kindly received so far it seems that 3000 USD would not be enough. Is there someone that has done something similar already and might advice on which device (amp/speakers) we should look for or at least investigate more?

Thank you.

Originally posted by Zack_1982 View Post
    ...From some replies I kindly received so far it seems that 3000 USD would not be enough. ...
    Agreed
    Typically a package for an area of approx 3000 sq ft. retails from $2000 - $3000; and this is dependent on particulars ( like fidelity ) - your space is over 3x larger and would have to be scaled up
    A distributed system; because of the size, using a 70V/100V system.
    Wireless is an option but more expensive.
    These guides might be helpful:
    https://www.bogen.com/support/produc...fs/SysDsgn.pdf
    www.jblpro.com/ProductAttachments/pssdm_1.pdf
    "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
    “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
    "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Thank you Sydney for the reply.

I am checking the guides, they seem very interesting!

I can't use unfortunately ceiling speaker. I was able to attach a document today. As you can see from the picture it's not exactly a flat ceiling.

Comment

I'd take a hard look at suspended speakers ( or at least glean ideas from that ). It would be far better to get the sound close and focused and isolated from above, greatly increasing the direct sound and reducing room effects, rather than the more distant walls, which increases reflected sound.
        Closer speakers require less power.
        "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Originally posted by Sydney View Post
          I'd take a hard look at suspended speakers ( or at least glean ideas from that ). It would be far better to get the sound close and focused and isolated from above, greatly increasing the direct sound and reducing room effects, rather than the more distant walls, which increases reflected sound.
          Closer speakers require less power.
          Sorry it looks like this forum is in two (2) places I just noticed. What do you think about these Sydney?

https://www.parts-express.com/qsc-ac...lack--245-6925

Still constant voltage, but not 'ceiling' mounted.
          "I don't know everything and do not claim to. I continue to learn and that is what makes me human."

Comment

Originally posted by STIchris722 View Post
            ...Still constant voltage, but not 'ceiling' mounted.
            Perhaps an adaptation of their AC-C series, however same concept in a more Acoustically appropriate area.
            ( I still would walk away from conventional flat against the Wall or Corner mount however - the last I'd want to do is excite the Axial and Tangential modes in this bunker .)

it looks like this forum is in two (2) places I just noticed.
            Confuzling init...
            Last edited by Sydney; 07-08-2018, 07:52 AM. Reason: clarity

Comment

Hi.

I have been told to post in another section too, I do apologize for having created a double.

If it's not a problem I would think that should be better to continue on the other thread that is now well developed:

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...gym-open-space

Comment

Originally posted by Zack_1982 View Post
                ...If it's not a problem I would think that should be better to continue on the other thread that is now well developed...
                Figured as much - no biggie.
                ( like Chris, I've saw no reason to labor the rationale behind my take on this. Good luck )

Comment

Working...
                X