dose anyone have a good design for a 12in pa mains

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dose anyone have a good design for a 12in pa mains

I was looking to build some 12in mains for studio and pa use and was wondering if anyone has a good design. I already have a pair of Eminence Kappa Pro-12A and a pair of B-52 comp-4-mx or PRV D230Ti-Nd-B. Could any of these work good together?

Those should work just fine, I built a a set with Delta-lite 2512 and D210ti drivers some time ago. How are your wood working skills? If these will be used with subs all the time a small box tuned to 60-70hz will do it.
    Paul O

Comment

my wood working skills are good. right now they would be used with one 18in sub or two 15in subs. also was wondering if two selenium 15sws800 would work in two 6cubic foot boxs?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchcm14 View Post
        also was wondering if two selenium 15sws800 would work in two 6cubic foot boxs?
        They would but won't take much power. That driver doesn't need a large box.. 3 cu/ft per driver internal volume is plenty so you could have a double 15 in 6 cu/ft or have two really compact subs.

Paul O

Comment

Right now I have two 5.5 cubic foot boxs for a 15in sub. Would these work good in these or would it be to big?

Comment

Too big, they would have to be limited to about 250w. Is the baffle big enough to fit both drivers in one box? You will likely have to cut the baffle out and install a new one but that would give you a potent box.
            Paul O

Comment

Could a 4.5 cubic foot work?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul O View Post
                Too big, they would have to be limited to about 250w. Is the baffle big enough to fit both drivers in one box? You will likely have to cut the baffle out and install a new one but that would give you a potent box.
                5 cu.ft. looks a bit too big.

OTOH, 2.5 cu.ft. per driver, if you use two in a box, might be on the small side. The PE page on the driver suggests a 2.02 box tuned to 49 Hz, but that's a "maximally flat" alignment, and probably not the best for this driver.

Selenium's documentation suggests that the driver was tested in a "100-liter volume with 3 ducts ø 4” by 4.72” length". 100 L is about 3.5 cu.ft.
                Brian Steele
                www.diysubwoofers.org

Comment

Originally posted by mitchcm14 View Post
                  ... a pair of B-52 comp-4-mx or PRV D230Ti-Nd-B....
                  The PRV doesn't have a low enough response ( 2,000) to integrate with a 12 without large compromises in performance.
                  The B52 would be better, but a common problem with this type of 2 way configuration is a large woofer falling response and directionality at the high end.
                  If you are going passive count on applying a lot of attenuation on the compression driver.

"Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
                  “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
                  "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

do any of you guy know of the ev sh-15-2 i have a pair of those would the horn drivers from those work good?

Comment

Working...
                    X