Dayton Audio PA385S Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dayton Audio PA385S Opinions

What's the opinion on a pair of these for sub duty in a smallish PA setup? I'm not concerned a ultra low bass, just decent output. I would rather move two smaller cabs than one larger 18" sub.

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton...8-ohm--295-040

Well, they look like they'd do over 120dB @ 40Hz @ 1000w in a 3cf box (ea. driver) w/a pair of 4"id x 7" long vents (ea. driver).

Comment

I modeled them in a 4 cu ft box in WinLSD, looks like a winner although the Port Speed is a bit high. But a 3-4' box would be a lot easier to move that a 7' cu. for an 18. I think two small cabs would be the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark H View Post
        I modeled them in a 4 cu ft box in WinLSD, looks like a winner although the Port Speed is a bit high. But a 3-4' box would be a lot easier to move that a 7' cu. for an 18. I think two small cabs would be the way to go. google street view
        Thank you very much!! Very useful advice

Comment

What did you end up with? I bought a pair of these around November. Built a single driver box. 4.5cf tuned to 37 hz. I'm not really happy with the output. Measuring with DATS shows different properties than the published stats.

I'm curious how yours ended up?

Comment

Originally posted by HugChopShop View Post
            What did you end up with? I bought a pair of these around November. Built a single driver box. 4.5cf tuned to 37 hz. I'm not really happy with the output. Measuring with DATS shows different properties than the published stats.

I'm curious how yours ended up?
            Care to share your measurements?

Comment

Working...
            X