• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass Cabinet

Click image for larger version

Name:	bx3000t.png
Views:	73
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	1419361 First, I should have posted this question on this forum.
    I play a Schecter Stillito Extreme 4 bass guitar and need to build a bass cabinet. Currently, I have a Behringer Ultrabass BX3000t bass guitar amp. I am looking to build a bass cabinet with 2-12" bass speakers. The amp puts out 300 watts at 4 ohms. Any suggestions on speakers, sett up and cab size? Thoughts, comments, concerns??? Thank you in advance.

Name:	76831.jpeg
Views:	0
Size:	299.9 KB
ID:	1430050 Click image for larger version

Name:	76926.jpeg
Views:	0
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	1430051
    Originally posted by Fat Al View Post

Name:	bx3000t.png
Views:	73
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	1419361 First, I should have posted this question on this forum.
    I play a Schecter Stillito Extreme 4 bass guitar and need to build a bass cabinet. Currently, I have a Behringer Ultrabass BX3000t bass guitar amp. I am looking to build a bass cabinet with 2-12" bass speakers. The amp puts out 300 watts at 4 ohms. Any suggestions on speakers, sett up and cab size? Thoughts, comments, concerns??? Thank you in advance.
    Welcome Fat Al !

I have modeled countless bass cab configurations (100's to be exact). Using the information you have given, I have a few questions (not knocks):
    1. Why 2x12" cab config?
    2. Why the amplifier of choice?
    3. What size venues are you playing?
    4. Are you thinking full range, 2 way, 3 way?
    5. Ported or sealed?
    6. Weight considerations
    7. Lastly what is your budget?

Just to throw something at you really quick that I build for a blues bass player for around $300 in parts:
    -I used an Eminence 3012HO Neo Driver. I chose this against the LF model for sensitivity and the style of playing he does. I didn't need to tune the box very low to get the results he was after
    -I used an Eminence Bass Horn with Eminence 3500Hz crossover

It sounds good to me and he absolutely loves it. The unit weighs just over 30#. This is just to get you an idea on cost and options. Once you answer those questions I can better steer you where you want to go!
    "I don't know everything and do not claim to. I continue to learn and that is what makes me human."

Comment

Working...
    X