Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris889
    replied
    There is much conflicting information available on the web and from supposed 'experts' that is based on the idea that distortion must be avoided at all costs. Some even go so far as to say the amplifier power rating should be two times the speaker's IEC power rating(*1). The rationale is that speakers can normally handle brief pulses well in excess of their average power rating. While this is true, such applications are typically found in home theater and studio monitoring, where the average power level of the program material is normally well below the speaker rating. It is NOT a safe practice for systems where high continuous average volume is required, such as dance clubs, arenas, theaters, and outdoor venues. If you go back and examine the ratings for the burnt speaker and the amp that was being used, you will see that the user thought he was following the (erroneous) recommendations.
    www.concretecontractorsgreenville.com

Leave a comment:

• powderedtoastman
    replied
    Most people would run that amp into two 8 ohm cabinets in parallel, which equals a 4 ohm load.

Jeffrey Nadrich
    Last edited by powderedtoastman; 10-10-2019, 07:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Fat Al
    started a topic Bass Cabinet

Bass Cabinet

Click image for larger version

Name:	bx3000t.png
Views:	7
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	1419361 First, I should have posted this question on this forum.
    I play a Schecter Stillito Extreme 4 bass guitar and need to build a bass cabinet. Currently, I have a Behringer Ultrabass BX3000t bass guitar amp. I am looking to build a bass cabinet with 2-12" bass speakers. The amp puts out 300 watts at 4 ohms. Any suggestions on speakers, sett up and cab size? Thoughts, comments, concerns??? Thank you in advance.
Working...
X