Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exceptional 18" drivers for 8 cu.ft., 25hz tuning ported box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guitar maestro View Post

Specs look good, but for that kind of money, I'd surely be looking at 18s from Beyma, B&C, 18 Sound,BMS,Ciare
    Agreed. It's just nice to know that Eminence is finally stepping up their game with the rest of the market. Time will tell if the products are worth while though. Price tag is steep though as you have mentioned. I was begging Anthony for years to make a Neo 18" or something in an 18" format with a high Xmax, decent tuning, and respectable sensitivity. Yes these all contradict each other and there are trade-offs, but you get what I am saying. Compare a Definimax 18LF to that B&C driver I listed.....No contest. Hopefully they are making a comeback!
    "I don't know everything and do not claim to. I continue to learn and that is what makes me human."

Comment

Originally posted by STIchris722 View Post
      Content much below 35Hz is near non-existent in PA/SR applications. The reason for this is due to the human ear not entirely processing those frequencies as audible, but rather perceived as feeling.
      That's part of the reason. What's also in play is that the number of speakers and the amount of power required to drive them in large venues is prohibitive. Besides, as far as feeling the bass is concerned with music, that doesn't happen below 35Hz, it happens between 50 and 80Hz. It just needs to be in excess of 110dB at the listening position to do it.
      www.billfitzmaurice.com
      www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
        That's part of the reason. What's also in play is that the number of speakers and the amount of power required to drive them in large venues is prohibitive. Besides, as far as feeling the bass is concerned with music, that doesn't happen below 35Hz, it happens between 50 and 80Hz. It just needs to be in excess of 110dB at the listening position to do it.
        Bill you are correct. I was making a non-mentioned reference to HT applications where sub-sonic frequencies are used for dynamic effects. Didn't really make sense for a PA application. Good catch.
        "I don't know everything and do not claim to. I continue to learn and that is what makes me human."

Comment

Working...
        X