Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul O
    replied
    And note that in 3 way more there are only 2 crossover frequencies.... low - mid and mid - high.

Leave a comment:

• Paul O
    replied
    In 3 way mode this unit is only capable of mono operation... just so you know.

The settings you use will depend on the speakers connected to each output, 80hz and 800hz could be good numbers but they could also lead to blown drivers.

What speakers are you using in this system?

Leave a comment:

• frustrated
    replied
    Thanks for the detailed help! I am unclear about the 3 way mode, what would be the frequency response positions for all 3 knobs please clarify whether on this or any 3 way crossover?

Leave a comment:

• Paul O
    replied
    The Ashly XR1001 is a 2 channel analog active crossover, so if you are using it for a typical "stereo" PA setup with left and right stacks CH1 of the crossover is for the left and CH2 is for the right.
    Each channel of the crossover has 1 input and 2 outputs.. low and high.

For stereo 2-way operation first set the Mode switch to Stereo 2-way, and the Range switches on each channel in the out position so the crossovers can be set in the 40-800hz range.
    Start with the Input and Output level controls at the U position, set the Crossover Frequency control to the position marked 1k(that is actually 100hz now), and the Response control to 6.
    Do this for both channels.

On the back of the crossover..
    The mixer main L and R outputs connect to Ch1 and CH2 inputs respectively
    The Low outputs connect to the amplifier powering the subs
    The High outputs connect to the amplifier power the mains.

Power everything up and play some music at a comfortable SPL, adjust the relative balance between the subs and mains with the low and high gain controls. In general we like it when the bass level is a little higher then everything else, but try to end up with these controls somewhere close tot he U positions.. +/- 30% for example

Move the Crossover Frequency control up and down just to hear the effect it has, the common sub/main crossover is in the 80-120hz range which is a bit hard to precisely set on an analog crossover like this, but because it's a logarithmic scale it will be in the range between the two tic marks either side if the 1K position.

Leave a comment:

• frustrated
    replied
    Thx. I got a basic understanding from this article here short while ago please a YouTube video on the subject but I still have a few questions if you guys won't mind please:

https://jlaudio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us...bile_site=true

Using the Ashly XR1001 as an example and a 2 way speaker system [sub and 2way full range speaker]

https://i.postimg.cc/fTx7rGgt/Screen...1-21-45-AM.png

Since right side is for bass, that right side's Frequency Response knob would be set at 80 and the left side which is for the Mids/Highs it's Frequency Response knob would also be also set at 80? If yes, when running in 3 way mode, which frequency setting would be used for the Mids speakers please something like 800 so then the 3 knobs would be set at 80, 800 and 1khz?

Leave a comment:

• billfitzmaurice
    replied
    Assuming you have a sub and main system you set the sub low pass between 80 and 100Hz and the mains high pass at the same frequency as the sub low pass.

Leave a comment:

• frustrated
    started a topic How to tune a crossover please?

How to tune a crossover please?

Hey guys, can anyone here me understand how to tune or setup an active crossover please? I have some basic questions I would like to ask or if anyone can refer me to an appropriate source for this would be nice, thx.
Working...
X