X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer DCX2496 Ultradrive Pro Digital Crossover

Hi Guys,

I need help with my Behringer DCX2496 Ultradrive Pro Digital Crossover.

1) I can't seem to connect to it via the ethernet cable.
    2) The DCX-Remote16a software doesn't seem to operate properly in Win7. The window won't fully open.
    3) Software is unable to find or connect to the DCX.

I really want this thing to work but I can't get it to do anything. ... and Behringer is totally useless for customer support.

Re: Behringer DCX2496 Ultradrive Pro Digital Crossover

In checking the Behringer website, it appears that the latest version of the software [1.7] is incompatible with Win7. It's only compatible with Win2000 & Win XP.

As the user, you should search the web for updates and compatibility info for that program. There may also be a specific users group that can better help you to debug your issue.

Behringer = caveat emptor.

Best of luck with getting your rig running (-:

Comment

The RS232 version seems to work fine in win7. Getting a USB/RS232 adapter to work (at all) took a few hours fiddling with the drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by wg_ski View Post
        The RS232 version seems to work fine in win7. Getting a USB/RS232 adapter to work (at all) took a few hours fiddling with the drivers.
        How did you get the software to work properly? I can't even get the remote software to display properly as a window.
        What version of software do you have installed?

I'm currently running DCX-Remote16a.exe

Comment

Originally posted by Mipsconsult View Post
          In checking the Behringer website, it appears that the latest version of the software [1.7] is incompatible with Win7. It's only compatible with Win2000 & Win XP.

As the user, you should search the web for updates and compatibility info for that program. There may also be a specific users group that can better help you to debug your issue.

Behringer = caveat emptor.

Best of luck with getting your rig running (-:
          It appears the 1.17 is a firmware update for the hardware and yes, it is installed.

I searched the web and found nothing but a video of a guy operating the DCX with an app on his cell phone. It was some kind of home made electronics job. (Not really applicable here.)

Comment

Unless they added a feature to newer versions, there isn't any ethernet support. There might be a similar plug, but that's for daisy chaining units together, not for network.

As has been said, RS232 serial is the only IO, so you need to get that working.
            I think there's some confusion on version numbers, as to firmware vs the PC control program. I believe the 1.6 (1.61 or 1.6a?) is the latest, check Behringer's site.

Being behind the times as I've let myself get, I haven't run Vista or 7 much yet, so I'm not a good reference, but you might be able to find some kind of compatibility mode or settings that would let you run a picky XP program successfully...

And, there's always the knob and front panel interface... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by jonpike View Post
              Unless they added a feature to newer versions, there isn't any ethernet support. There might be a similar plug, but that's for daisy chaining units together, not for network.

As has been said, RS232 serial is the only IO, so you need to get that working.
              I think there's some confusion on version numbers, as to firmware vs the PC control program. I believe the 1.6 (1.61 or 1.6a?) is the latest, check Behringer's site.

Being behind the times as I've let myself get, I haven't run Vista or 7 much yet, so I'm not a good reference, but you might be able to find some kind of compatibility mode or settings that would let you run a picky XP program successfully...

And, there's always the knob and front panel interface... ;)
              Jon's got it right. I run mine through a usb to rs232 from an xp laptop. Works great as long as the cable length is less then 30 ft or so.

Comment

No XP for the software.:(

Are there other similar alternatives to the DCX?

All I really need is a single channel EQ for the bass.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydrazine View Post
                  How did you get the software to work properly? I can't even get the remote software to display properly as a window.
                  What version of software do you have installed?

I'm currently running DCX-Remote16a.exe
                  Same version, but I'm NOT running the updated firmware on the DCX. Never had a problem getting the window to come up. Getting an RS232 port going on a modern machine was like pulling teeth (WTF do you need one of those for????), but once I quit getting the 'device driver not properly installed' nasty-grams when I plug the USB/232 adapter in it just worked.

Comment

Most of the full-featured alternatives to the DCX cost more. A lot more. If you just need bass EQ, you just want to run the FBQ2496 in manual mode. You'll actually get more EQ bands available than with the DCX.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I need help with my Behringer DCX2496 Ultradrive Pro Digital Crossover.

1) I can't seem to connect to it via the ethernet cable.
                      2) The DCX-Remote16a software doesn't seem to operate properly in Win7. The window won't fully open.
                      3) Software is unable to find or connect to the DCX.

I really want this thing to work but I can't get it to do anything. ... and Behringer is totally useless for customer support.
                      1. Uhg. Read the user guide. It's Serial 485 over standard Ethernet for chaining units together.

Let us know when you have cracked open the user guide...

Guys, this isn't a Behringer thing. It's an PICNIC error.

Comment

Get on ebay and pickup something like this.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ashly-PQX571...item4d0134a8dd
                        Paul O

Comment

That begs the question: Why did you buy a crossover?

Programs in W7 can be run in compatibility modes going all the way back to Windows 95. Might want to read your W7 manual too.
                          www.billfitzmaurice.com
                          www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Originally posted by jinjuku View Post
                            1. Uhg. Read the user guide. It's Serial 485 over standard Ethernet for chaining units together.

Let us know when you have cracked open the user guide...

Guys, this isn't a Behringer thing. It's an PICNIC error.
                            Ohhh... another internet troll.

The user guide explicitly shows direct PC connection via the 485 and says nothing about it "NOT" being compatible. Nor does it define requirements or limitations.

Try reading the manual yourself before sticking your foot in your mouth.:D

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
                              That begs the question: Why did you buy a crossover?
                              New hardware. The built in crossover of a Denon 4311 receiver is now being given this function. ... and Audessy equalizes everything but the bass. So the DCX is still needed.

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
                              Programs in W7 can be run in compatibility modes going all the way back to Windows 95. Might want to read your W7 manual too.
                              W7 manual? The laptop didn't come with a W7 manual but I'll look it up thanks.
                              The good news is the laptop didn't come with ear shredding, comb filtering piezo tweeter arrays either.

Comment

Working...
                              X