Announcement

Collapse

2nd Annual Stock-toberfest

2nd Annual Stock-toberfest starts October 17th! Time to stock-up on great products at great prices! Click the Parts Express Logo at the top left of this page.
See more
See less

Live band PA speakers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Live band PA speakers

Originally posted by Racertomtom View Post
    Do you guys think the MT102 cabs (with appropriate drivers) would suit my needs?
    As far as CD horns are concerned, is bigger better?.
    I would not be able to judge if the MT102 is appropriate for your needs, but as far as difficulty of construction: the most difficult aspects are likely to be the bevel cuts and forming of the curved horn path. Certainly this is one of the simplest of horn projects.
    It is likely that a search will turn up more detail by those who have already built them.
    If it were me I'd first make ( or find ) a CAD or Sketchup model as it would derive measurement and is a helpful visual aid.

As far as CD horns are concerned, is bigger better?.
    Wavelength increases as frequency drops so a bigger horn is needed for lower frequency control.
    "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
    “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
    "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Originally posted by Racertomtom View Post
      I like the sub, 2-10, 1” set-up.
      That's something I'm looking at as well (I've got a thread going here somewhere), so I'm interested in seeing what you come up with, seeing that my "financial controller" is likely going to nix any speaker purchases for awhile :(.
      Brian Steele
      www.diysubwoofers.org

Comment

Comment

1600 seems like a fine place for the xover. Glad it all worked out. Now, post some pictures!

Comment

Working...
          X