Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Behringer NU3000 - how to hook up bridged?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer NU3000 - how to hook up bridged?

I recently got an NU3000 that I want to bridge to power an Ultimax 15". There isn't a whole lot of info on how to properly do this. I assume that I need a NL4 connector coming out of channel A with the wires connected to 1+ and 2+. Is that right?

I'm also confused about the inputs and outputs. For bridging, do I only need to hook one XLR as an input? Or can I hook up stereo XLR input? Then which volume dial controls gain? Is it channel A or both of them?

Re: Behringer NU3000 - how to hook up bridged?

I looked online and didn't see any info.. the quick start guide doesn't even mention Bridged operation. Did your amp come with a user manual? The standard procedure is to provide a mono signal to input A and then connect the load to pins 1+ 2+.
    Paul O

Comment

Behringer has really dropped the ball recently with their "quick start guide" only documentation.

If you look at the back of the amp it shows how to hook up the bridged speaker connection, but it's not clear for the input. "Bridge" is similar to "mono" in that only Channel A input is used, and that's how it is on my NU6000 (NU6000 doesn't have a "Bridge" output, it's basically two NU3000's bridged already).

Hook it up like Paul mentions above and you should be good to go.
      Currently resigned to living in balmy Zephyrhills, FL with the snow birds.
      Howard H

Comment

In the quickstart guide that came with it there is no mention of bridging. It says to go to the Behringer website to find the full documentation, but all I can find there is a pdf of the quickstart guide. Anyone know if there even is a full guidebook?

Comment

Even the full manual for the DSP models has no useful information about actually connecting the amp in bridged mode so you're gonna have to experiment. You won't hurt anything with this so try a couple different configs. Set the switch on the back to Bridged and try inputting a signal to CH A only and then connecting the sub to the regular 1+1- Speakon pins or to the 1+ 2+ pins to see what produces more output. Then try it with an input signal on A and B to see if that makes any difference.
          Paul O

Comment

connecting the sub to the regular 1+1- Speakon pins or to the 1+ 2+ pins to see what produces more output.
            On the back it has a label that states that 1+ and 2+ are the correct outputs for bridged operation. I guess I'll experiment with input and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by red-green
              Re: Behringer NU3000 - how to hook up bridged? On the back it has a label that states that 1+ and 2+ are the correct outputs for bridged operation. I guess I'll experiment with input and see what happens.
              Want fun? Try wiring connectors for the Nu4-6000 😈 Sent from my Hi8 pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X