No announcement yet.

Udique MTM and Center Channel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did note a typo in the writeup. In Driver Selection, tweeter is listed as RS26a in first mention.

Comment

Originally posted by jhollander View Post
      Hi guys, I finished a MTM speaker for the Design Team. http://projectgallery.parts-express....ojects/udique/

There are two crossovers, one for stand mounts and one in near boundary locations, like a center channel.
      Beautiful workmanship! Quick question - does the center channel crossover simply reduce baffle step compensation, or did you also include compensation for boundary gain, assuming the center channel would be placed against a rear wall below a flat panel TV screen?

I'm working on a design for a similar center channel and am trying to decide if I should include boundary reinforcement effects or just baffle effects.

Thanks and regards,

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by JimHRB View Post
        Did note a typo in the writeup. In Driver Selection, tweeter is listed as RS26a in first mention.
        That for the nice comments. These will be at InDIYana in April. Jim HRB, thank you for finding the typo. I always have at least 1
        John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Originally posted by weinstro View Post

Beautiful workmanship! Quick question - does the center channel crossover simply reduce baffle step compensation, or did you also include compensation for boundary gain, assuming the center channel would be placed against a rear wall below a flat panel TV screen?

I'm working on a design for a similar center channel and am trying to decide if I should include boundary reinforcement effects or just baffle effects.

Thanks and regards,

Rob
          Rob, these are adjusted for the boundary reinforcement and baffle as I measured them "in place" then tested them at various locations. I used a 3.5' h x 6.0' w piece of cardboard to simulate placement on a TV shelf unit. I cut out a hole about 4 inches down from the top middle for the center speaker to fit through. Hope that gives you a few ideas.
          John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Originally posted by jhollander View Post

Rob, these are adjusted for the boundary reinforcement and baffle as I measured them "in place" then tested them at various locations. I used a 3.5' h x 6.0' w piece of cardboard to simulate placement on a TV shelf unit. I cut out a hole about 4 inches down from the top middle for the center speaker to fit through. Hope that gives you a few ideas.
            Thanks. I'm still simulating but it's good to know that it makes sense to include boundary effects.

Comment

I love the build and especially love the write up for it.

Comment

Working...
              X