X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jhollander
    started a topic Udique MTM and Center Channel

Udique MTM and Center Channel

Hi guys, I finished a MTM speaker for the Design Team. http://projectgallery.parts-express....ojects/udique/

There are two crossovers, one for stand mounts and one in near boundary locations, like a center channel.

There are a bunch of details in the PDF and I'll post a few construction pictures here. If you find any errors or something confusing please let me know so I can fix it. Thanks
    Attached Files

• frigid
    replied
    I love the build and especially love the write up for it.

Leave a comment:

• weinstro
    replied
    Originally posted by jhollander View Post

Rob, these are adjusted for the boundary reinforcement and baffle as I measured them "in place" then tested them at various locations. I used a 3.5' h x 6.0' w piece of cardboard to simulate placement on a TV shelf unit. I cut out a hole about 4 inches down from the top middle for the center speaker to fit through. Hope that gives you a few ideas.
    Thanks. I'm still simulating but it's good to know that it makes sense to include boundary effects.

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    Originally posted by weinstro View Post

Beautiful workmanship! Quick question - does the center channel crossover simply reduce baffle step compensation, or did you also include compensation for boundary gain, assuming the center channel would be placed against a rear wall below a flat panel TV screen?

I'm working on a design for a similar center channel and am trying to decide if I should include boundary reinforcement effects or just baffle effects.

Thanks and regards,

Rob
    Rob, these are adjusted for the boundary reinforcement and baffle as I measured them "in place" then tested them at various locations. I used a 3.5' h x 6.0' w piece of cardboard to simulate placement on a TV shelf unit. I cut out a hole about 4 inches down from the top middle for the center speaker to fit through. Hope that gives you a few ideas.

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    Originally posted by JimHRB View Post
    Did note a typo in the writeup. In Driver Selection, tweeter is listed as RS26a in first mention.
    That for the nice comments. These will be at InDIYana in April. Jim HRB, thank you for finding the typo. I always have at least 1

Leave a comment:

• weinstro
    replied
    Originally posted by jhollander View Post
    Hi guys, I finished a MTM speaker for the Design Team. http://projectgallery.parts-express....ojects/udique/

There are two crossovers, one for stand mounts and one in near boundary locations, like a center channel.
    Beautiful workmanship! Quick question - does the center channel crossover simply reduce baffle step compensation, or did you also include compensation for boundary gain, assuming the center channel would be placed against a rear wall below a flat panel TV screen?

I'm working on a design for a similar center channel and am trying to decide if I should include boundary reinforcement effects or just baffle effects.

Thanks and regards,

Rob

Leave a comment:

• JimHRB
    replied
    Did note a typo in the writeup. In Driver Selection, tweeter is listed as RS26a in first mention.

Leave a comment:

• randyohoh
    replied
    I like the look of the cabinet with the baltic birch ply down the center. And 100 db with 10 watts, should be great for HT.

Leave a comment:

• donradick
    replied
    Beautiful build and workmanship, and a fine choice of mainstream high-value drivers. I always like my RS150 build.

Leave a comment:

• Navy Guy
    replied
    Nice looking build, John. I like the look of the rear mounting of all the drivers.

Leave a comment:

• bullittstang
    replied
    Those look really nice John, with a very thorough and well done write-up.

Leave a comment:

• dynamo
    replied
    These are absolutely beautiful, nice work!

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    I recall the round over gave a smoother response when I was doing the ND20FB in the Dino project. I may need to test again as I did not get the response I wanted.

Leave a comment:

• 6thplanet
    replied
    No doubt, excellent job. Any reason as to the round over and not a chamfer to the tweeter opening?

Leave a comment:

• JasonP
    replied
    These look gorgeous John, great job. I love the look of rear-mounted drivers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X