No announcement yet.

Zirconium

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 3k/6k axis/off axis artifacts look like diffraction to me- might be worth doing an offset midwoof/tweet setup to see if that improves things

Comment

Nice choice of drivers. Would it be worth doing a design with a more sensitive woofer like the SB16PFC25 ? Obviously U'd lose out on the excellent xmax of that sub but gain efficiency

Comment

If I were going for more sensitivity, I would probably look at the Dayton RS180-4, Dayton DCS165-4, or FaitalPRO 6FE200. I like the SB16 you mentioned, but the sensitivity is still only 87 dB 2.83V/1m. The TB driver I use in the Zirconium is 83 dB at 1W/1m, which corresponds to 86 dB 2.83V/1m.
        Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions

Comment

The Zirconium looks very interesting to me. Can you tell me the Vb and Fb for the 1139SIF?

Comment

Originally posted by ontariomaximus View Post
            The Zirconium looks very interesting to me. Can you tell me the Vb and Fb for the 1139SIF?
            The cabinet is just the 0.56 cu. ft. flat pack that PE sells (Vb is approximately 15 L once accounting for the driver volumes, etc.). Fb is around 29 Hz using a 1.5" diameter by 8" long port.

Sehlin Sound Solutions

Comment

Scott, the BOM states a 3mH inductor, but the crossover image specifies a 3.5mH, which would be correct and is the dcr important?

Comment

It's 3 mH. I'll get a corrected image posted.

Sehlin Sound Solutions

Comment

Scott, made a pair of these for a lady friend, you did a great job on these. They can really bring the bass and the mids and highs are detailed and nicely balanced. Thanks for posting your designs. It's really appreciated by someone like me with no measuring equipment or xover design experience.

Comment

Originally posted by scottsehlin View Post
                    It's 3 mH. I'll get a corrected image posted.

Thanks Scott. I will be building this in the next couple of months, just wanted to make sure. I'm looking forward to the final result.

Comment

Working...
                    X