Titan Budget OB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titan Budget OB

If you have looked at the latest group of buy out woofers you probably noticed those Titan woofers. My first response was those are certainly colorful, I wonder who would use those. Well on a challenge from PE I did. I tried to hide the woofers but ended up embracing the color.

For those who want a nice OB with some bass this project could be completed for about $300. Drivers were well under $200. As usual attached is a PDF. If you find any errors please let me know.

This is also posted over in the project gallery http://projectgallery.parts-express....ects/titan-ob/
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jhollander; 07-22-2016, 09:15 AM. Reason: Updated PDF to show changing reisitor from 1.5 to 0.51 ohms
    John H

SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Nice work and you did great with incorporating those woofers...

Comment

Bedazzltastic! Good job John, I'm sure it was a fun build.
      A mains
      The Ventures
      Open Invit8tions
      RSR
      Sound Troopers
      Acorns
      DGBG's
      The Monuments

Comment

Well- those are certainly different! I know I like the smoothness of those 2" TBs, as I've used them prior. They're a higher Qts, and can get lower in a smaller volume than some others, as well as be decent running au naturale without anything but a highpass.

I wonder if the colors talked to you?
        Wolf
        "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
        "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
        "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
        "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
        http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
        http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Those look great I honestly never thought I'd ever see them used haha

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
          return to the source
          leviathan system thread
          deadhorse thread
          shockwave build thread

instagram :: greywarden_13

in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

Comment

Any chance you can share the raw driver measurements on the baffle?
            Don't waste your money on a new set of speakers, You get more mileage from a cheap pair of sneakers. Next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways it's still rock and roll to me!

Comment

Here's the Titan information I'll do the TB data later

I guess with photos you can see the file names, besides the distortion measured at 79 cm in room, there is raw gate good to 300 Hz, Titan woofer raw with baffle, Titan woofer raw with room and baffle
              Last edited by jhollander; 07-04-2016, 07:02 PM.
              John H

SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Tang band quad raw gate good to 300 Hz, distortion at 79 cm in room
                John H

Comment

I feel like it needs some sort of LED chase lights going around the perimeter to really take it to the next level.
                  Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
                  Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

Yeah, kind of of violated my rule of "has to look good in my listening room". I had a yellow racing stripe planned but it made it look like a school crossing guard.

Despite the looks, I haven't stopped listening to them for the last month.
                    John H

Comment

Thanks for the charts and graphs. Surprising low end on the TB quad considering their size and the ultimate baffle width there. This gives me hope for my upcoming OB design.
                      Don't waste your money on a new set of speakers, You get more mileage from a cheap pair of sneakers. Next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways it's still rock and roll to me!

Comment

Here's the sim for the TB
                        John H

Comment

what software are you using for the diapole sim?

Comment

http://musicanddesign.com/A_B_C_Dipole.html
                            "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

For MWAF these were updated by changing the padding resistor on the Tang Bands from 1.5 to 0.51 ohms. I've updated the PDF with the new schematic and part numbers.

This design took 3rd place in the under $200 category.
                              John H

Comment

Working...
                              X