Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Klipsch LaScala Build with 1" Baltic Birch plywood.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update. Only have to attach the top and back brace and all wood parts (except the risers) will be in place. I just figured out I"m not gonna have enough Heatlock veneer glue to veneer the two large sides and top so had to order two more gallons today. Will work on the risers this weekend while waiting for the glue to show up

Comment

All the parts are put together, cherry front trim is on and rounded over and I'm applying finish now and will delivery the last LS this weekend. Time for a break from the heavy lifting!!!

Comment

Finally done. Haven't installed the mid and tweeter yet (and grill frame fabric - brown cane) will come later. Glad this small project is over. I think the speaker weighs 200 lbs since the real LaScala weighs 175 lbs and isn't made of 1" BB ply. I call this one the "Herniamaker"!! Turned out okay. Will deliver this weekend. already started on next project - taking RC7 center channel speakers out and putting in vertical WWT setup using birdseye maple veneer.

Comment

Simply gorgeous, Ken! And on to the next project! You are one prolific guy.

Comment

Originally posted by gdmoore28 View Post
            Simply gorgeous, Ken!
            Agreed- they're a knockout. Congrats on a stunning project!

Ed Henderson

Comment

Thanks GD and EJH. Glad that project is over. Here is the current project for a bud of mine. Taking two Klipsch RF7 center channel components and putting in a vertical WWT front speaker setup using birdseye maple veneer with white grill cloth. I can actually pick this one up! Turn out that a little denatured alcohol sprayed on the birdseye maple gets close to match the copper colored woofer cone! I could say I meant for it to turn out that way (but I didn't). Story of my life. Dumb luck!

Comment

Ken, you seem to consistently source some very, very nice veneers. The newest project really looks good.

GeeDeeEmm

Comment

Working...
                X